PF Balance Check without UAN Number with SMS, Missed Call & Portal
EPF or Employee Provident Fund is a social security scheme for salaried employees, administered by Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). Under this scheme, both employer and employees make a monthly contribution towards the retirement corpus of the employee.
On retirement, the employees can withdraw the corpus amount in lump sum or phases as per their requirement and meet their non working life expenses. Even after the death of the retired individual the family has access to this fund. Thus, EPF makes for a significant life saving fund for any salaried individual. One should indeed keep a regular check on the corpus from time to time.
In order to ease the processing of the EPF account the government has introduced UAN number. Using the same you can withdraw, transfer the balance or check the PF balance online through EPFO portal or UMANG app.
Thus it is suggested that you activate the account and login to EPFO Portal. The employers usually share UAN with the employees. However, if you are unable to get access to UAN number, follow following step to know this unique 12 digit number so that you can withdraw and ensure hassle free PF Balance Check with or without UAN Number with SMS, Missed Call & Portal in future.
How to get UAN number?
1. First up, to get UAN number you would require submitting Member ID/ Aadhaar/ PAN and personal details such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile number and Email ID.
2. Visit member interface at official EPF website:
3. Click on “Know your UAN status.”
4. Enter details as required.
5. Click “Get Authorization Pin.” You will receive authorization on mobile number shared.
6. Now enter OTP. A message will appear acknowledging the verification. It will say “Your UAN and UAN Status sent to your registered mobile number.”
After completing this step for once, you can check EPF balance online using following methods:
- EPFO portal
- UMANG app
- Giving a missed call to 011-229014016
- Sending SMS to 7738299899
You can use these methods for PF balance check without UAN number as well. However the account should be activated.
PF Balance Check without UAN Number on EPFO Portal
- Visit official EPFO website: www.epfindia.gov.in
- Login on: https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login
- Click on “click here to know your PF balance.”
- Now you will reach member interface for checking balance.
- Enter your state, EPF office, establishment code and PF account number, name and mobile number.
- Click on the acknowledgment box “I agree” checkbox.
EPF Balance check using UMANG app
The Umang App can be downloaded from Google play store and thus you can check PF balance on the go from your smartphone.
- You can download the App from Good play store or get the web version through https://web.umang.gov.in/web/#/
- Download the app.
- Click on EPFO
- Check employee-centric services tab
- Share your EPF UAN
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Now log in and place your request.
Give a missed call for PF balance Check
If you have registered for UAN but lost the number, you can get access to the same by giving a missed call to 011-229014016. Make sure you call from the registered mobile number only. In this step UAN number is not asked for and thus an activated account on the UAN portal, having its KYC details seeded can check the balance as required.
EPF balance Check by Sending SMS
This method again can be used by only those who have activated UAN number with EPFO. The steps are as below:
- Use registered mobile number to send an SMS to 7738299899
- The code for the same is <EPFPHO UAN ENG>
- The SMS Service for EPF Balance Check is available in all major Indian languages viz. English, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Gujarati, Hindi, Bengali and more.
- So if you want to get the details in Gujarati, send SMS: “EPFPHO UAN GUJ” from registered mobile number.
- The default language is English and you can simply send “EPFPHO UAN” for results in English.
How to withdraw your EPF money without having UAN?
By submitting a physical application
You can submit application by using Aadhaar-based new composite claim form or non-Aadhaar composite claim form. Both can be downloaded from EPFO website.
If you are submitting Aadhaar-based new composite claim form, you can submit a duly filled form for PF withdrawal directly to the regional PF office. Herein attestation of an employer is not required.
However, for non-Aadhaar composite claim form, attestation of filled up form is required. This is to protect frauds and ensure withdrawal is made by the beneficiary only. The form can be duly filled and attested by bank manager, any Gazetted Officer, or Magistrate. The submission of the same should be made in the respective jurisdictional EPFO office.
Through online application
All members with activated UAN can login and visit the membership area as discussed above and request for withdrawal. It is completely hassle free to make a withdrawal request online as your UAN is linked Aadhaar, PAN, and bank account.
✅How to check PF balance with a UAN number?
It is just a few clicks away to check PF Balance with UAN number online. To check the same online, visit EPFO portal and login to view the PF balance. Further you can also check the same by sending an SMS to 7738299899 as: EPFOHO *UAN* *Lang*.
✅ How to check PF balance without a UAN number?
As such only activated UAN number can check the PF balance online. However, those who do not have an activated UAN number should visit the EPF office. Fill the grievance redressal form and submit it along the KYC documents. You will soon be updated about the status of your EPF account.
✅ How to know my UAN number by SMS?
All UAN activated Members can check the status of contribution and balance by sending an SMS to 7738299899 from their registered mobile number. This is the same number you provided in EPFO portal while registering. The code to be sent is “EPFOHO UAN.” The facility is available in various Indian languages and thus you can choose the preference if required. The facility is available in English (default), Hindi, Punjabi, Guajarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali.
✅ Can I check EPF balance of my previous organisation?
Yes, it is straightforward to check EPF balance of all organisations through EPFO portal and UMANG App. Simply log in the portal/ app and using the member ID of the organisation you can check the balance.
✅ How to transfer EPF Balance to bank account?
You can transfer EPF balance to bank account online through EPFO portal. Here are the steps: Login to your account. Click on ‘Online Services Tab’ and ‘Transfer Request.’ Share PF Number, Date of Birth, and Date of Joining etc. Now select employer ID for making the claim and enter OTP as received on registered mobile number. Next you just need to sign the form and send to the respective employer.
To apply online for Best Home Loan In India, Secured Loans and Unsecured Loans, visit MyMoneyMantra, the leading online lending marketplace that offers financial products from 100+ Banks and NBFCs. We have served 4 million+ happy customers since 1989.