Please wait till we process your request.
AMERICAN EXPRESS GOLD® Credit Card
- Use the Gold card 3 times within the initial 60 days of your card membership and receive 4000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points.
- It is a unique type of card that does not come with a pre-set limit. The limit keeps adjusting according to your financials, spend pattern, account history, and credit record.
- Make 6 transactions above 1,000 using the American Express gold card and get 1000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points. Annually, it translates into 12,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points.
- Redeem your hard-earned rewards points for fantastic gifts like Bose Speakers, Statement credits, and more from the 18 and 24 Carat Gold Collection.
- The fee for the first year is 1000 plus GST
- From the second year onwards, the renewal fee is 4,500 plus GST
- The advantage is that you have the American Express Gold Credit Card free as long as you hold the American Express Gold Card.
- The minimum age for applying for this card is 18 years
- Have a good credit history with no defaults in payments
- If you are self-employed, your company should have been in business for more than 12 months
Identity Proof Documents
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
Address Proof Documents
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Other bank credit card statement
Income Proof Documents
- IT Returns for the preceding two years
- Continuity of Business
- Three months? salary slips
1. Is the Contactless payment facility available with this card?
Yes, with effect from December 15, 2016, you can use your American Express Gold Card for making contactless payments. It is advisable to check out the contactless symbol on the front and back of the card.
2. How do I know whether the merchant establishment accepts the contactless payment facility?
The retailers have unique card readers to check out your card details. Merchant establishments offering this facility display the contactless symbols. Check out if your retailer has this facility.
3. What is a charge card?
A charge card is different from a standard credit card in the sense that there are no pre-defined limits. You can use your card, and the bank will approve the payment depending on your credit history, usage patterns, and income credentials.
4. Does this mean that I can use the card for high-value purchases?
Yes, you can. However, inform the bank and seek their approval before using the charge card for high-value purchases.
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards Point for every 50 you spend on items other than fuel, insurance, utility payments and cash advance transactions.
- With effect from 01 July 2017, you earn 1000 Membership Rewards Points on completing 6 transactions worth more than 1000 each on your American Express Gold Card
- Renew your card on time by paying the annual membership fee and earn 5000 Membership Rewards Points in the First Year. The credit comes into the account within 90 days of the Card renewal.
- Redeem your rewards points at the fabulous 18 and 24 Karat Gold Collection
- Make your travel bookings through MakeMyTrip.com and enjoy exclusive benefits.
- Spend 50 on items other than fuel, insurance, utility payments, and cash advance to get one Membership Rewards Point. Accumulate these points and redeem them for exciting gifts.
- You have the flexibility to redeem your rewards points from over 500 exciting redemption options that include airline companies, hotels, electronics shops, and many more.
- Receive fabulous rewards from the 18 and 24 Karat Gold collection:
24000 Points: 24 Karat Gold Collection
- Good Earth Gift Card worth 13,000
- Amazon Gift Card worth 11,000
- MakeMyTrip Holiday Voucher worth 12,000
- Statement Credit worth 10,000
18000 Points: 18 Karat Gold Collection
- Tanishq Voucher worth 7,500
- Statement Credit worth 7,500
- Bose Soundlink Colour Bluetooth Speaker
- Welcome Heritage Luxury Stay
Other Offers and Privileges
The American Express Gold card comes with a lot of exclusive benefits and intelligence features. Help is just a phone call away.
- Flexibility to spend
- Waiver of Fuel Convenience Fee
There is no convenience fee while fuelling at HPCL
- MakeMyTrip privileges
Enjoy extraordinary privileges while making your travel arrangements at MakeMyTrip.com.
- Fascinating discounts
Get discounts up to 20% every time you dine at select restaurants.
- It is a charge card. Hence, it does not come with a pre-defined limit. The bank approves your charges based on your spending pattern, financial strength, credit record, and account history. However, that does not translate into unlimited spending. You have to call the bank if you wish to make a substantial purchase.
- Round the Clock Card related assistance
- Dispute Resolution of the highest order
- Zero Lost Card Liability
- Emergency replacement of your Gold card
- Two Supplementary Gold cards free of cost
- From 15 December 2016, you can make contactless payments using your American Express Gold Card
- Check out if you have this facility by confirming the contactless symbol network on the front and back of the card