Please wait till we process your request.
AMERICAN EXPRESS PLATINUM TRAVEL® Credit Card
- The most attractive feature is the Welcome Gift of 5000 Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points you receive when you apply for this card
- You can redeem these rewards points for travel vouchers worth 4000.
- Use this card to spend 1.90 Lakhs and get travel vouchers worth up to 7,700
- Increase your expenditure up to 4Lakhs a year and receive additional Travel Vouchers worth 11,800
- Get travel vouchers worth 7,700 when you spend 1.90 Lakhs on this card annually. Your benefits increase if you increase your spending to 4Lakhs as you get travel vouchers worth 11,800
- Also, you get gift vouchers worth 10,000 from Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris
- This card entitles you to 4 complimentary visits per year to 31 airport lounges in 12 Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and so on.
- Get attractive benefits on your travel bookings with MakeMyTrip.com
Using the American Express Platinum Travel Card entitles you to receive the exciting rewards in the following two ways:
- You receive 1 Membership Reward Point for every 50 you spend on items other than fuel, insurance, utility payments, and cash advance transactions
- Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points in the following manner
- The first charge you do on your card earns you a Welcome Gift
- On reaching the first threshold spending of 1.90 Lakhs per year
- Reaching the second threshold of spending 4Lakhs per year
Details of Bonus Membership points and Travel vouchers
- Welcome Gift of 5000 Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards points that you can redeem for travel vouchers worth 4,000
- Reach the first threshold of spending 1.90 Lakhs per annum and receive travel vouchers worth 7,700 in the following manner
- Spend 1.90 Lakhs per annum and earn 7,500 Spend Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points that allows you to redeem for travel vouchers worth 6.000
- Also, you earn 1 Membership Rewards Points for every 50 spent on items other fuel, insurance, cash transactions, and utility
- Reaching this threshold also entitles you to receive 3,400 Regular Membership Rewards Points worth 1,700 payments
- The Extra Membership Rewards Programme allows you to accelerate your Regular Membership Rewards Points to earn 20 Bonus points for every 100 spent on your card
- You have more than 600 redemption options other than travel vouchers. The value depends on the item you redeem.
- Reaching the second threshold of spending 4 Lakhs per year on this card entitles you to receive a gift voucher worth 10,000 from Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris.
- Continue earning Membership Rewards Points on your American Express Platinum Travel credit card. Avail the feature of carrying over the reward points for the next three years. In effect, your reward points not redeemed by the end of the third year will expire. For example, if you have enrolled on 18th May 2018, your first enrolment year is 18th May 2018 to 17th May 2019. Reward points earned during this year will expire on 17th May 2021, if you do not redeem them by this date.
- Spending 4 Lakhs on your American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card entitles you to get travel vouchers worth 11,800
- Spend 4Lakhs per annum and earn 10,000 Spend Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points that you can redeem for travel vouchers worth 10,000
- Also, you receive 1 Membership Reward Point for every 50 you spend on your card on items other than fuel, cash advance, insurance, and utility payments
- You also earn 3,600 Regular Membership Reward Points redeemable for travel vouchers worth 1800
- Avail the Extra Membership Rewards Programme to accelerate your reward points by earning 20 Bonus Membership Reward Points for every 100 you spend on this card.
- In case you do not wish to redeem these points for travel vouchers, you have more than 600 alternate redeemable options where the redemption value depends on the item you redeem.
Other Offers and Privileges
- Book your travel tours with MakeMyTrip.com and receive exciting special privileges
- Receive complimentary membership to Priority Pass
- Get a Fuel Convenience waiver fee on your American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- Get attractive discounts up to 20% on dining at select restaurant partners
- Avail the benefit of splitting the payment into easy EMIs when you make your next big purchase with this Credit Card.
- You have other benefits like free supplementary cards, Zero Lost Card Liability Platinum Services, and so on.
- First year - 3,500 plus GST
- Second year onwards - 5,000 plus GST
- The minimum age for applying for the credit card is 18 years
- Salaried and self-employed persons having an annual income not less than 6 Lakhs are eligible to apply
- In case you are self-employed, your business activity should be running for more than 12 months
- You should have a savings or a current account in an Indian or a multinational bank in India
- A permanent residential address in India is mandatory
- You should have a good credit history with no instance of defaults in payment
Keeping these documents ready enables the bank to process your application quickly
Identity Proof Documents
- Aadhar card
- Driving Licence
- PAN Card
- Voter?s ID
Address Proof Documents
- Aadhar card
- Registered Rent Agreement
- Ration Card
- Ration Card
- Driving Licence
- Gas Bill or Electricity Bill
- Latest Credit Card statement of other banks
Income Proof Documents
- Last three month?s salary Slips
- IT Returns for the previous two years
- Proof of continuity of business
- Bank account statement for the previous three months
1. How do I apply for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card?
The easiest way to apply for this credit card is to do it online. Visit credit card service providers like MyMoneyMantra.com and choose from the exciting range of cards available. Apply online and keep the documents ready for inspection by the bank representatives.
2. How much time does it take for banks to issue my card?
It depends on the quality of documents you provide. A good repayment record and an acceptable credit score can reduce the credit card processing time to around 10 to 15 working days.
3. What is an acceptable credit score?
Usually, banks look for credit scores in the range of 700 and above.
4. What factors determine my credit card eligibility?
- Your income is the primary eligibility factor
- Your credit history and repayment record is a clinching factor as well
- Higher the credit score, greater are your chances of approval
5. Are there redeemable options other than travel vouchers?
In case you do not want to redeem your reward points for travel vouchers, there are more than 600 redemption options. The redemption value can vary depending on the item you redeem.