Currently, if you are willing to apply for the Citibank Credit Card then there are 6 cards offered by the bank. You must go through all the cards and then make a final choice.
|Credit Cards||Rewards, Cashback, Miles||Annual Fee|
|IndianOil Citi Credit Card||Zero Annual Fee on spend of INR 30000 or more in a membership year|
|Citi Rewards Credit Card||Get 10 reward points on spending every INR 125 on apparel and departmental stores||INR 1,000, to be reversed on annual spends of INR 30,000 or more|
|Citi Cash Back Credit Card||Enjoy 5% cash back on spends||INR 500|
|Citi PremierMiles Credit Card||Get 10 miles on spending every INR 100 on airline transactions||INR 3,000 (First year fee waived for priority customers)|
|First Citizen Citi Credit Card||- Earn thousands of reward points through this credit card. |
- There is a fuel surcharge waiver available on this card.
- Enjoy welcome benefits on this credit card on your first spend.
|The Fee will be Communicated at the Time of Issuance.|
|Citi Prestige Credit Card||- Earn many reward points through this Citibank Credit Card. |
- Have Card Lost Protection and Air Accident Insurance on this credit card.
- Get global Concierge Service and complimentary golf lessons.
|INR 20000 + Taxes|
Credit cards have many uses apart from the rewards you get from spending using your credit cards. The following is list of uses that credit cards can provide you
1. Sign on bonuses: Some of the credit cards from Citibank provide sign on bonus or gifts as a thank you for signing with the bank. This is a great reward which will offset any joining fees paid already and get even more.
2. Rewards: Reward points are offered for any transaction that is made using your Citibank credit card. These reward points can be accumulated to obtain a great gift, or the points can be redeemed for cashback. Either way customer is the winner.
3. Frequent flyer miles: This is useful for people to travel by plan frequently. They get “miles” as reward for using your Citibank credit card to pay for airline ticket. With enough points you can avail discount on future tickets or you may be able to get tickets for free. Also, with some credit cards you get access to airport lounges which could be a life saver in case of delayed flights.
4. Cashback: Some Citibank credit cards also provide cashback on certain spends like 5% cashback for shopping online, 5% cashback for using your credit card to pay utility bills. This is a great way to save money on your spends.
5. Keeping vendors in check: Credit cards help in keeping vendors in check. Customers have the option to cancel payment or even if already paid the ability to revert payment if they feel the product they bought is below par. This way the vendors who provide the products will stay honest and provide better quality goods.
6. Insurance: Many credit cards come with insurance like travel insurance which can be availed. Many card holders don’t even realize they are protected and don’t utilize these facilities. It is bet to read the terms and conditions before you get a credit card and also know every feature available.
7. Universal acceptance: Unlike debit cards credit cards have universal acceptance. If you go to any foreign country, you can spend money by using your credit card and not go searching for a currency exchange center or ATM.
8. Instant Loan: Your credit limit is a source of loan which can be accessed immediately without requiring any approvals. This can be very useful in case of emergencies. There is also the option to convert your credit card bill to an EMI if you cannot pay back the bill immediately.
Thus, credit cards provide a card holder a plethora of benefits.
There are certain factors or criteria stipulated by banks which need to be satisfied before credit card applications are approved.
|Minimum 21 years |
Maximum 65 years
|Salaried or Self-employed|
|Employed/In-business for at least 1 yr. and at least 6 months with current employer/business|
|This varies from card to card, but minimum salary required is Rs.3 lakhs per annum|
The following documents will have to be submitted while applying for a Citibank Credit Card.
|Cash Withdrawal fees||2.5% of the amount withdrawn subject to a min.of Rs.500|
|Over Limit Charges||2.5% of the over-limit amount subject to a min. of Rs.500|
|Late Payment Charges|
NIL- Statement balance up to Rs.2,000
Rs.600 for a statement balance over Rs.2,000 and up to Rs.7,500
Rs.950 for statement balance over Rs.7,500 and up to Rs.15,000
Rs.1,300 for statement balance more than Rs.15,000
|Cheque Bounce/ECS Return||Rs.500 per return|
Know how good your score is
Get insights on how to improve it
Unlock offers as per your score
Earn max rewards & redeem for cash back, value back offers, discounts & exclusive deals.
The interest rates can vary between 3.10% to 3.25% p.m. depending on various factors. Interest will be charged on the outstanding amount after the interest free period stipulated. If revolving payment is opted then the interest free period will not be considered and interest will be charged for the entire period
Yes, any purchase above Rs. 2,500 can be converted to EMI.
Under the Citibank Referral Program, you can earn up to Rs. 9,999 by referring your family and friends for the card.
You can redeem air miles earned, across 100 plus international airlines and hotel partners. Their airline partners with 2:1 mile conversion ratio are, Air India, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Etihad Airways, Eva Airways, Flying Blue (Air France and KLM), Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
1 turbo point is equal to Re. 1 free fuel.
Annual membership fee for Citi Prestige Credit Card is Rs. 20,000.