HDFC Credit Card Payment through Debit Card
HDFC Bank Credit Cards are some of the best in the market and come with attractive discounts, offers, and rewards. When it comes to payments, there are different ways through which one can make HDFC Credit Card payments besides making an online payment.
If you too are an HDFC Credit Card owner and are wondering if it is possible to make a Credit Card payment using your Debit Card then the answer is yes. There are several ways to use your Debit Card (HDFC Debit Card or any other) to pay your Credit Card bills. Read on to find out more.
Ways to Make HDFC Credit Card Payment using Debit Card
With the use of Credit Cards becoming increasingly popular with bank customers and timely payment being an important aspect of it all, banks are introducing new and different ways to make Credit Card payments.
Even HDFC Bank offers an array of options when it comes to making Credit Card payments to make the process convenient for its customers. In addition to the usual methods, you can now make your HDFC Bank Credit Card payment using a Debit Card as well. This is done in the following two ways:
- Online: HDFC Credit Card Payment Through Debit Card Using BillDesk
- Using HDFC Debit Card
- Using Other Bank's Debit Card
- Offline: HDFC Credit Card Payment Through Debit Card Using ATM Kiosk
HDFC Credit Card Payment through Debit Card Using BillDesk
You can use your HDFC Debit Card to make Credit Card payment through the online BillDesk option. If you want to use the Debit Card of any other bank instead of HDFC, you can follow the same steps and choose the other bank from the dropdown list. As of now HDFC is accepting Debit Card payments for its Credit Cards from 60 other banks, two of which are digital banks.
However, to make Credit Card payment using other bank's Debit Card through BillDesk, you must have an Internet banking account and access to the same linked to the Debit Card you want to use. Here is how you can do it:
Steps to make the payment of HDFC Bank Credit Card bill via BillDesk by using Debit Card:
- This is an online method of payment and therefore, you must visit the HDFC BillDesk page to start. The link for the same is - http://www.billdesk.com/pgidsk/pgmerc/hdfccard/index.jsp.
- You will have to first check the box in front of the 'Terms & Conditions' given at the page bottom and then click on the 'Pay' option.
- Upon clicking 'pay', you will be taken to a page where you must enter the HDFC Credit Card number whose payment you want to make, along with the amount of payment, and your e-mail address.
- You will find a dropdown menu next which reads 'Pay from'. From the dropdown options select, the bank you want to pay from - HDFC or any other and click on the 'Pay' option.
- This will take you to the Internet banking payment interface of the selected bank
- On this page, enter all of your login credentials like user ID, password, etc. before confirming the billed amount.
- Upon a successful transaction, you will see the screen displaying 'Transaction Acknowledgement' and a reference number will also show. This number must be retained for some time for queries or correspondence related to the transaction in the future. There is an option to print this acknowledgement as well.
The payment is credited to the HDFC Credit Card account within three working days. You will receive an email also on the registered mail ID from HDFC, acknowledging the receipt of payment in the Credit Card account.
HDFC Credit Card Payment through Debit Card Using ATM Kiosk
This is an offline method of paying your Credit Card bill using the Debit Card. You can use the method of ATM funds transfer to make your Credit Card payment. However, here are some of the conditions, which must be fulfilled to make this payment:
- To make HDFC Credit Card payment via Debit Card, you must be an HDFC Debit Cardholder
- The bank does not accept Credit Card payment via Debit Card of any other bank when made through an ATM.
- You must make the transaction from an HDFC ATM only and not from any other ATM
Steps to make the payment of HDFC Bank Credit Card bill via ATM by using Debit Card:
- Go to any of the HDFC ATMs
- Insert your HDFC Debit Card in the slot
- Enter your PIN number and select the language
- Go to the menu and select the services option
- Tap on 'Bill Payment' and go to 'Credit Card bill payment'
- Now type in the details of your HDFC Credit Card
- You will see the total outstanding due as well as the minimum due for your card on the display screen.
- Out of the two, select what you want to pay and press 'confirm'
- The HDFC account, which is linked to that Debit Card, will be debited of the payment, which will be credited to the Credit Card account.
- This transaction is completed the same day and you will be intimated via email or SMS
Benefits of Making Credit Card Payments through Debit Card
Here are some of the benefits of using Debit Cards for making Credit Card payments:
- Making a payment of your Credit Card online through a Debit Card is as convenient as any other online mode of payment. It does not require you to go anywhere to make the payment.
- There are no charges involved in making Credit Card payment online or offline via the Debit Card. These facilities are offered free of cost by the bank.
- To make a Credit Card payment most banks do not require registration by the customer, as you are already the bank's Debit Cardholder. You just need to visit that bank's ATM kiosk to make the offline transaction and the bank's online application to make the online transaction.
- Both ATMs as well as the online channels of banks are open 24x7. Therefore, Credit Card payments using Debit Cards can be made anytime and anywhere in the country without any problem.
- Since these payments are made via bank specified channels your sensitive information and Data such as the PINs, CVV or the passwords are absolutely safe whether you make an online payment or an offline one.
- The payment processing is also fast. If you make your Credit Card payment using the Debit Card of the same bank, the payment is likely to be credited immediately or the same day. Hence, it is beneficial for those making last minute payments and helps avoid a late fee or penalty charges.
Other Methods of Making HDFC Credit Card Payment
In addition to the methods described above, there are several other online as well as offline ways to make your HDFC Credit Card payment. While some are chargeable, others are not.
Also, the processing time of each of these methods is different and one must know how much time does each method take before using it to avoid late payment charges by the bank.
You can make payment for HDFC Credit Card through these methods as well:
- By making a cash deposit at the nearest HDFC Bank branch against your Credit Card - This entails a nominal charge.
- Making Credit Card payment online through HDFC net banking
- Making Credit Card payment using HDFC NEFT, HDFC Autopay, or HDFC VISA money transfer.
- By writing a cheque to make your Credit Card payment
Is it possible to make HDFC Credit Card payment using SBI Debit Card?
Yes, you can use SBI, ICICI, or any other bank's Debit Card to make HDFC Bank Credit Card payment via BillDesk. In the dropdown option, you must choose the bank of which Debit Card you want to use. However, it is possible only if your Internet banking is enabled on the SBI savings account of which Debit Card you want to use.
Is it possible to use other bank's Debit Card at HDFC ATM to pay for the HDFC Credit Card?
No at present HDFC allows the user to use only HDFC Debit Cards at their ATMs for the purpose of Credit Card payment.
Does HDFC charge some fee for paying the HDFC Credit Card bill using Debit Card via the ATM?
There is no fee charged by HDFC for making Credit Card payments using Debit Card via the ATM.
If someone's bank is not showing in the BillDesk drop down menu, what can be done?
In such a case, the customer can opt for other methods of money transfer online such as - NEFT, which helps transfer funds directly from the bank account to the Credit Card account.
Is it possible to pay the HDFC Credit Card bill from any other bank's ATM Kiosk?
No, it is not possible to do so. You must use only HDFC ATMs and HDFC Debit Card to carry out this transaction.
In how much time is the Credit Card payment processed when made using the HDFC Debit Card?
- If the payment is made using the HDFC ATM - it gets credited immediately or the same day
- If the payment is made using the HDFC BillDesk using HDFC Debit Card - It gets processed immediately or the same day.
- If the payment is made using the HDFC BillDesk using other bank's Debit Card - it will take three to four days to get processed.