About HDFC Credit Card
HDFC Freedom Credit Card is one of the best cash back Credit Cards available for the beginners in India. At 500 a year, it comes as a very affordable and valuable choice for regular as well as first-time credit card users. The renewal fee is waived off on the modest annual spend of 50000.
Whether you are looking for the first credit card for yourself or your parents, spouse or children, HDFC Freedom Credit Card is the right pick. The card offers easy rewards program on all types of online as well as retail purchases. You also enjoy amazing value back offers on travel booking, besides accelerated rewards on birthday spends, fuel surcharge waiver and much more.
The Card is powered by VISA/MasterCard & has secure chipset and cardless technology, making it one of the safest, fastest, as well as convenient plastic cards for your wallet.
Undeniably HDFC Bank is the largest credit card provider in the country and offers a very well segmented bouquet of Credit Cards to cater to diversified credit needs of Indian consumers.
HDFC Freedom Credit Card: Features & Benefits
Annual Fee: 500
Renewal Fee: 500;
Renewal fee is waived off on annual spends of 50,000 (wef February 2019).
Easy Rewards Program:
- Welcome Benefit: Enjoy 500 Reward Points (RPs) as Welcome Gift. You also enjoy 500 rewards points on renewal of your card next year. The benefit is extended only after processing the fees.
- Birthday offer: 25X Reward Points on spends incurred on your Birthday. You can earn up to 3000 reward points under the offer.
- On PayZapp & SmartBUY spends you earn 10X reward points.
- 5X reward points on retail spends on movies, dining, groceries, railways & taxis bookings.
- 1 reward point on every 150 spent for all other categories.
- On 90,000 annual spends, you win 1000 gift voucher
- You can check accumulated reward points in your card statement. Current month's rewards would be posted in next month's statement.
- You can make up to 1500 points per statement cycle on cumulative spends.
Hassle Free Rewards Points Redemption:
It is completely hassled free to redeem the card reward points on your HDFC freedom card. You can effortlessly redeem amazing gifts as per HDFC Rewards Catalogue or earn the Cashback.
For gifts, 100 Reward Points = 15
For cashback , 100 Reward Points = 10
To redeem cashback, make a request in the multiples of 500. You can instantly request rewards redemption online.
Fuel Surcharge waiver:
You enjoy a waiver of 1% convenience fee, subject to 250 benefit per statement cycle. The transaction should be made in the range of 400 to 5,000; GST and taxes are applicable.
Contactless payment facility:
Your card is powered by contactless payment feature which enables faster, safer and easier retail transactions. You can purchase without feeding in pin or handing over your card physically at the merchant location. This is a very convenient option for day-to-day spends up to 2000.
The contactless symbol is transcribed on the back side of the card.
Zero liability on card loss:
You also enjoy a premium feature of 'zero liability' on the loss of Card. If you report the loss of Card, within 24-hours to the call centre, there is no liability on any unknown or fraudulent transaction made through your HDFC Credit Card.Interest free credit:
On your HDFC Credit Card purchases, you enjoy up to 50 days of the interest-free period. So make sure you keep your last dues clear and time your purchases to enjoy maximum interest free peiod.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Freedom Credit Card
HDFC Freedom Credit Card is an excellent choice for beginners. It can indeed be your first Credit Card with which you can enjoy the ultimate freedom of spending credit with multiple value back benefits. The eligibility criteria are minimal, suitable for young professionals and budding entrepreneurs.
To apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card, you must be at least 21 years old and not more than 60 years.
Your monthly gross income must be more than 12,000.
Likewise, a self employed individual between the age group of 21 to 65 years can apply for this card.
You must file ITR to apply for the card. The ITR should be filed for more than 2 Lakh per annum.
How to apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
It is completely hassle-free to apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card online. All you need to do is visit mymoneymantra.com and choose 'Credit Card' on Home screen. Now fill the form with personal details and share your requirements.
We help customers find the best credit products according to their choice. As you share your information on our online platform, you will receive a One-Time-Password (OTP) on your mobile number. You can use the OTP to access unique customer panel on the website. It will list the customised credit card deals for you.
Here you can either choose HDFC Freedom Credit Card and click on 'apply' or 'apply through bank' tab; or compare the same with other cards to be better assured of your choice. You will also receive a call from our Cards Specialist who will be happy to assist you further. You can ask questions and be rest assured of making the best choice.
The customer support by MyMoneyMantra is free of cost. Beware of online fraudsters claiming to be MyMoneyMantra representatives. We never ask for your bank account details or any fees. Always apply through our official website for safe and fast experience of processing your request.
We will assure doorstep pick up of documentation followed by swift delivery of the card on your address.
FAQs - HDFC Freedom Credit Card
How do I redeem accumulated reward points on my HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
You can instantly redeem the accumulated points online by accessing net banking. Log in with your customer id and password and request 'card redemption' option. Make sure you redeem points in the multiples of 500. You can either choose exciting gifts from the rewards catalogue or by converting the points to cashback. The credit back can be used to pay the outside bill of your card.
How can I check the status of my Credit Card application?
You can check the status of Credit Card application online on official HDFC website. All you need to do is input 16 digit application reference number, along with your mobile number or Date of Birth (DDMMYYYY) to verify the request.
How do I register for Online Credit Card service?
Existing HDFC Bank customers can access their user account and register their new Credit Card for net banking. As you choose "Register New Card" on the left-hand side of the screen, you would be asked Credit Card number, expiry date, and ATM PIN. After filling in the required information, "Submit" the request.
What are the different modes of Credit Card bill payment available?
You can use the following payment channels for your HDFC Credit Card bills:
Options for HDFC Customers:
- Use Auto-Pay service by setting up a Standing Instruction to debit the bill from your HDFC Bank Account automatically. You can automate payment either for the minimum amount due or for the total monthly outstanding.
- Existing HDFC Savings/Current account holders can conveniently pay their Credit Card bills online using the net banking facility. You can log in to your NetBanking Account and link your Credit Card.
- You can also pay the card bills by accessing any of the HDFC Bank ATMs in India.
- One of the most convenient ways to make card payment is by using HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App. You simply need to log in to the App and make the payment by choosing 'Credit Card Payment' under the Credit Card tab. Here, you can make instant payments through your HDFC Bank Savings Account.
Payment Options for Non- HDFC Bank Savings Account Holders:
- You can access the bill desk and make an online payment by your bank account.
- You can also use NEFT/ Visa Money Transfer facility. For card payments through NEFT, Use IFSC Code HDFC0000128.
What is the contact address for HDFC Credit Card Customer Care?
Use the following address for your queries and requests:
HDFC Bank Cards Division
PO BOX # 8654
Chennai 600 041
Toll-Free Customer Care Number: 18002664332