About HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card is a prestigious card which gives you an unbelievable experience that compliments your lifestyle. The card makes your shopping, dining, and travel experience delightful with the exclusive privileges that come with the card. You can make a lot of savings while you enjoy the exotic lifestyle with this card.
Every day will be a rewarding one with the kind of rewards that are offered on the spends you make with this card.
The card is also covered for any fraudulent transactions and unauthorised transactions made on the card to the extent of 3,00,000.
Key Features of HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
The key features of the card are:
- HSBC does not charge any joining fees or annual fees for the card
- You can earn an introductory benefit of up to 4,500 that can be utilised at partners
- The Air Miles earned on the card can be used to pay for flights booked on Singapore Airlines.
- You can refuel your vehicle with no additional cost. There is a waiver of the fuel surcharge to the extent of 1% for transactions between 400 to 4,000 with a cap of 250 per month. You can save up to 3,000 on fuel using this card.
Why Should You Use the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card?
The reason that you should use the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card is the additional benefits that are offered on the card, such as:
- Emergency replacement of lost card: If you lose your Platinum Credit Card, you can immediately contact Visa Global Assistance Service or the HSBC helpline and report the loss of the card. The card will be cancelled and an emergency card will be issued immediately within 3 days anywhere in the world. In the meanwhile, you can also opt for emergency cash facility up to 22,000 at any outlet across the world.
- Zero-liability for lost cards: If you lose your card, there will be no liability on the transactions made after reporting and registering the loss of the card to HSBC. Also, you will have an insurance cover up to 3,00,000 for any unauthorised transactions made on the card 24 hours prior to reporting the loss of the card.
- Insurance benefits: All the insurance benefits to the cardholders are provided by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited. The claims have to be made with ICICI Lombard directly and the settlement of the claims is as per the terms and conditions of the Insurance Company for which the bank is not liable. All the insurance benefits are extended to primary cardholders only.
- EMI facility: Big purchases on the card can be converted and paid into equated monthly instalment (EMI).
- Revolving credit facility: Facility to pay a percentage of the balance outstanding on the card as minimum payment and carry over the balance to the next billing cycle. In the case of HSBC Visa Platinum Card, 5% of the balance outstanding in the statement can be paid as the minimum amount due and the remaining can be carried over to the next billing cycle. If there are any EMIs on the card, that will be added to the minimum amount due.
- Other benefits: All other benefits like global access, cash advance, additional cards, 24x7 assistance, and online convenience are available on the card.
Fees and Charges on HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
The fees and charges on the card are as listed below:
|Type of charge||Amount|
Interest-free period is up to 52 days
3.3% p.m. computed from the date of the transaction
Minimum Payment Due on the extended credit usage
5% of the total payment due of the statement plus any over-limit due with a minimum of 100
Cheque bounce, failed standing instructions, and dishonoured ECS charges
Transaction fee for a cash advance against the Credit Card at branches and ATM
2.5% of the transaction subject to a minimum of 300
Over limit fee
500 per month
Duplicate statement charges
100 per statement for transactions beyond 3 months
Introductory Offers on HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
There are a lot of introductory offers on HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card. Details of the offers are as given below.
- You get a voucher worth 2,000 from Cleartrip and voucher worth 250 from Swiggy.
- For a minimum of 9 transactions totaling to 10,000 during the first 90 days from the date of issuance of the card, you get a 10% cashback. The maximum cashback that a cardholder can get is 2,500.
- 3X rewards on the spends on dining, hotel, and telecom appliances made for the first 12 months from the date of issuance of the card.
Rewards on HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
There are incomparable rewards on the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card and the details of the rewards are as given below:
- You get 2 reward points for every 150 spent
- You get 5 times rewards on any purchases made with a spend of 4,00,000 in a year with a cap for this special reward points for spends up to 10,00,000.
- You get a BookMyShow worth 500 for spends over 50,000 in a calendar month. The cap on the voucher is 3,000 per cardholder per year.
- You can make your dining a delightful experience by availing a discount of 15% at over 1,000 restaurants in major cities. The list of the restaurants is available on the link www.simplyindulge.com, a one-stop destination for all HSBC offers.
- You can save up to 3,000 in a year for refuelling by availing a waiver of 1% surcharge at all fuel stations across the country, for transactions between 400 to 4,000 with a maximum of 250 per month.
Partner Offers for HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
HSBC has a tie-up with major brands to give the best deals to its customers. Detailed below are the partner offers available for HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card.
- Bigbasket offers an instant discount of 450
- Shop for a wide range of appliances on Flipkart with Visa Platinum Credit Card and avail an instant discount of 10%.
- Do your bookings for domestic hotels and select experiences on MakeMyTrip on a Sunday and avail an instant discount of 15,000.
- Make car bookings on the Zoomcar website and get a discount of 20% with a maximum discount of 1,500.
- You can avail discounts on online transactions for products of the following brands using their promo codes:
- Avail a maximum discount of 1,000 per transaction for a minimum transaction of 2,000 at Tanishq, Titan, and Ethos.
- Avail an additional discount of 10% along with the regular discount of 50% at Clarks.
- Existing users get a discount of 22% and new users get a discount of 30% at PharmEasy. This offer is valid for medicines with prescription only.
- 150 off over and above the regular discounts at Zivame
- 20% discount for a minimum purchase of 999 at Ferns N Petals
The partner offers are subject to change from time to time.
Eligibility for HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
The eligibility criteria to apply for HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card are:
- The applicant should be in the age group between 18 years and 65 years
- For salaried individuals, the minimum income should be 4,00,000 per year
- The applicant should be a resident Indian
- Current location of the applicant should be Chennai, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida, New Delhi, or Pune.
How to Apply for HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card?
You can apply for the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card through the official website of the bank:
Steps to apply for the card through the official website of the bank:
- Register as a user on the official website of the bank
- Log in and choose the Credit Card page
- Choose the Credit Card as per your eligibility, provide the required details, and click on submit.
- Once the request is submitted, the representative of the bank will contact you to take you further through the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to check for the status of the card after applying for one?
Regular updates about your credit status will be sent vide SMS to the mobile number mentioned in the Credit Card application. Alternatively, you can call the phone banking number and get the status of your application.
How long does it take to process the application for HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card?
Once the Credit Card application along with the relevant documents is received by the bank, the processing may take 2 weeks. A new Credit Card will be issued within 7 days after the approval of the request. Regular updates vide SMS will be sent to the mobile number mentioned in the application about the status of your request.
What are the steps to be taken if the Credit Card statement is not received?
The Credit Card statement will be sent to your mailing address and the airway bill reference will be sent to you vide SMS on the registered mobile number. There is a provision to send e-statements, but you have to register for the facility with the bank. If you have access to internet banking, you can view the card statement online.
How to register for e-statement?
The steps mentioned below have to be followed to register for e-statement:
- Log on to HSBC Internet Banking
- Click on the 'Request e-statements/e-Advice' option on the main menu
- You will receive a secure mail and an SMS alert stating that your e-statement is ready.
- You can download the e-statements
Will the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card be sent in an active state?
No, all chip cards will be sent in a deactivated state and that will be indicated to you by a sticker on the card. The card has to be activated by you by following a few simple steps.
- Use your ATM Pin to activate your card on an HSBC ATM
- Do a pin-based transaction
- Call HSBC India Phone Banking