ICICI Credit Card Application Status
ICICI Bank is the top-rated private sector bank in India. It offers a variety of deposit and loan products. One of its favourite products is Credit Card. This bank offers Credit Cards to suit all the requirements of its customers. Applying for an ICICI Bank Credit Card is simple. You can do it online. The best aspect of online services is that they enable applicants to track their Credit Card applications online. Checking the application status offline is easy, as well.
How Can I Track My ICICI Credit Card Application Status?
Tracking your ICICI Bank Credit Card application status is a user-friendly process. Applicants can track the status in two ways, online and offline. All you should have is the Credit Card application number. When you apply for the Credit Card, ICICI Bank provides you with the application number. Usually, you find this application number in the acknowledgement slip. They also send this number to the applicants as an SMS to their registered mobile number. Using this number, you can track the status of your Credit Card application.
How Long Does it Take to Get ICICI Credit Card?
The standard turnaround time for getting an ICICI Bank Credit Card is approximately 7 to 21 days after submission of all the required documents. However, ICICI Bank offers instant Credit Card approval as well.
- Access the official website of ICICI Bank Credit Cards, https://www.icicibank.com/card/credit-cards/credit-card.page.
- Provide your basic information
- Select the type of card you require
- Upload the copies of the relevant documents
- You get instant approval of your Credit Card
ICICI Bank also offers 'Credit Card in a Flash' product. This offer is available to select/pre-approved customers. It is possible to apply for this facility through net banking or via debit card.
- Access your internet banking or iMobile app
- The pre-qualified Credit Card offer is available on the widgets in the 'My View' page
- Confirm the pre-filled personal details
- Select the appropriate Credit Card and complete the information asked for
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Enter the OTP in the proper location
- Credit Card number will be displayed instantly
- Log in to your internet banking or iMobile app to view the details of your Credit Card such as validity, limit, and CVV number.
- Start doing online transactions immediately
- You will get the physical card within seven days by post/courier
How Can I Track My Credit Card Delivery?
Tracking your Credit Card delivery status is possible through internet banking and iMobile app. The Track Deliverables features enable you to track the status of delivery. It includes credit/debit card, statement of accounts, cheque books, and other shipments.
Track Deliverables Features
- Enables search based on your account number
- Track the status of deliverables despatched in the past 90 days
- In case of return of a shipment, it is possible to request for re-despatch by providing the preferred address for re-despatch.
Stages in despatch
- Despatched: Handed over to the courier company by ICICI Bank
- In Transit or Awaiting delivery information: Your shipment has been despatched and is in transit. The bank is awaiting the status of the delivery from the courier agency.
- Attempted or Awaiting delivery information: The courier agency has made an unsuccessful delivery attempt. They will try the delivery again.
- Shipment delivered: Your Credit Card has been delivered
- Undelivered and returned to Bank: The courier agency has been unsuccessful in delivering the shipment. It has returned the shipment to the bank. You can request ICICI Bank to re-despatch the Credit Card.
How Can I Track My ICICI Credit Card Application Status Online?
Applicants can track the ICICI Credit Card application status online in two ways:
- Using the application number: Access the website https://loan.icicibank.com/asset-portal/my-applications-login
- Enter your mobile number registered with ICICI Bank
- Provide details of your application number
- Furnish your date of birth by selecting the calendar icon provided on the web page
- Click on Continue option to get the status of your Credit Card application
- Entering the date of birth of the applicant
If you do not have your application number, you can use your date of birth to track the status of your ICICI Credit Card application.
- Access the website as described in the above step
- Enter your mobile number
- Select your date of birth by using the calendar icon
- Click on the 'Send OTP' option
- You will receive the OTP within five minutes on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP at the appropriate location and click on the 'Continue' option to get the status.
On completing the procedure, you will get the status as follows:
- In Progress: It indicates that the bank is still processing the Credit Card application
- On-Hold: The bank could require some additional details from your side. Under such circumstances, the bank puts your Credit Card application on hold. As soon as you provide the clarification, the bank proceeds with the processing of the Credit Card.
- Approved: You will get this status when the bank has approved your Credit Card application
- Disapproved or Rejected: In case the bank rejects your Credit Card application, the status appears as 'Disapproved.' The reasons could be the failure to meet the eligibility criteria. The status does not mention any reason for the rejection. The best way to know the reasons for refusal is to contact ICICI Bank customer care centre.
- Despatched: On approval of your Credit Card, the bank despatches the same to the registered address mentioned in the application form.
- No Records Found: If you furnish incorrect details, you get this message. You have to enter the accurate information again to get the correct status.
How Can I Track My ICICI Credit Card Application Status Offline?
Tracking your Credit Card status online is the easiest procedure. However, ICICI also provides alternate methods offline to monitor your Credit Card application.
- Toll-free number: Call 1860-120-7777 to speak to a customer care executive who will provide the status of your Credit Card application. This facility is available 24x7x365.
- Service providers: ICICI Bank engages private service providers or marketing executives who source Credit Card applications for the bank. In case you have applied for your Credit Card through such representatives, you can contact them for providing the status of your Credit Card application.
- Visit the ICICI Bank branch: Alternatively, applicants can visit any ICICI Bank branch and obtain the status of the Credit Card application. It is advisable to have the Credit Card application number ready with you when you approach the branch office.
What are the Various Stages in the Complete Credit Card Application?
ICICI Bank has a simple Credit Card application process.
You can apply for your Credit Card in three steps:
- Access the official webpage of ICICI Bank Credit Card, https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/credit-card/apply-online.page.
- Click on the Apply Now option
- Complete the application form by providing accurate details
- Get various Credit Card offers based on the information provided by you
- Select the respective Credit Card and proceed with the uploading of relevant documents
- The bank will process your application and make a decision
- You can track the status of the Credit Card application online and offline
It is also possible to apply for your ICICI Bank Credit Card through MyMoneyMantra:
- Visit the official webpage of MyMoneyMantra
- Click on the Credit Cards option
- Submit personal details like name, email address, city of residence, and mobile phone number
- Provide information about your employment status by indicating whether you are a salaried person or a self-employed individual.
- Salaried persons have to submit the name of their employer and submit annual income, whereas self-employed individuals can provide their yearly income alone.
- Provide details of the Credit Cards you possess
- We will send you an OTP. Enter the OTP and access Credit Card offers
- Select your Credit Card provider as ICICI Bank and proceed with the application
- Our relationship managers will guide you through the entire process
Credit Card for Beginners
Credit Card is an unsecured loan facility. Hence, banks are strict when it comes to deciding the eligibility for a Credit Card. One of the pre-requisites is an excellent CIBIL score in the range of 700 and above. If you have a CIBIL score in this range, it becomes easy for you to apply for a Credit Card for the first time. One should also have a regular source of income to qualify for a Credit Card.
If your CIBIL score is -1, the best way to get an ICICI Bank Credit Card is to apply for the ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card.
- The pre-requisite for an ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card is to have a fixed deposit in ICICI Bank. You can open a new Fixed Deposit if you do not already have one.
- The minimum amount of Fixed Deposit is 20,000
- The fixed deposit tenure should be for a minimum of 180 days
- You can apply for the ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card against this fixed deposit
- The bank sanctions a limit depending on the value of the FD
This Credit Card provides you with an excellent opportunity to build up your CIBIL rating.
FAQs on ICICI Credit Card Application Status
Is it possible for anyone to track the ICICI Credit Card application status online?
Yes, it is possible to track the Credit Card application status online. It would help if you had your application number ready with you while monitoring the application. Alternatively, you have the facility to track your application status using your date of birth details.
What does the 'On Hold' status mean?
The 'On Hold' status entails that the bank requires further clarification from your side. You can contact the bank and provide the explanations.
Can a non-ICICI Bank customer apply for a Credit Card?
Yes, all individuals can apply for an ICICI Bank Credit Card irrespective of whether they maintain accounts with ICICI Bank or not.
How can I raise a request for a re-despatch of my Credit Card?
Existing ICICI Bank customers having internet banking or iMobile app facilities can place a service request for re-despatch of their Credit Card. You might have to provide the preferred address for delivery.
How can I raise the re-despatch request if I am not an ICICI Bank customer or do not have internet banking/iMobile facility?
Such customers can call the ICICI Bank Credit Card Customer Care number and place their request for re-despatch.
Can I request a change of address after applying for a Credit Card?
It is advisable to place such a request after the approval and delivery of your Credit Card. If you are not available at the registered address, you can leave an authorisation letter with the persons available at the address. Provide a valid ID proof to obtain the delivery of the Credit Card.
How do I request a change of address?
If you have internet banking or iMobile facility, you can place your request online by providing documentary evidence of your new address. You can visit the nearest branch of ICICI Bank and apply for the change of address. Calling customer care numbers will also help you to do the needful.
What procedure should I follow if I have not received the Credit Card?
You can monitor the status of your Credit Card delivery online. If the status is 'Undelivered and Returned to Bank,' you can place a request for re-despatch of the Credit Card. If the Credit Card is lost in transit, you should put a request for blocking your Credit Card by contacting the customer care number. It will prevent any unauthorised use of the card.
Can an NRI track his/her Credit Card application status?
Yes, NRIs can also use the same methods as residents can to track the Credit Card application status.
Is it possible to cancel the request for a Credit Card after applying for the same?
Yes, it is possible to cancel your Credit Card application by placing a request with the bank. If you have received the Credit Card, you can request for cancellation by entering the Credit Card number and the reasons for the same.