ICICI Credit Card Payment
ICICI Bank is one of the topmost Credit Card issuing institutions in India. The USP of the bank is the high-level technology platform that enables its customers to perform almost all banking transactions online. Credit Card payment is one transaction that every cardholder should diligently ensure to do. ICICI Bank makes it possible for its customers to make an instant payment of their Credit Card bills.
How Can I Pay ICICI Credit Card Bill Instantly?
Online payments are the order of the day with almost everyone having access to internet banking and mobile banking facilities. Apart from the traditional RTGS and NEFT, Reserve Bank of India has introduced the IMPS facility that enables the immediate transfer of funds from one account to another. Using IMPS facility to pay your ICICI Bank Credit Card bill is one of the quickest ways possible.
Net banking and iMobile customers can always use these channels to pay Credit Card bills instantly. Nowadays, it is also possible to use UPI to pay Credit Card bills. Visa Money Transfer facility is another viable option available to ICICI Bank customers.
Apart from these online payment methods, ICICI Bank provides various offline channels to pay your Credit Card bills. The most common method of Credit Card payment is by cheque. Using your ATM to pay Credit Card bills is also a popular method today. The 'Call to pay' facility, where you make Credit Card payments over the phone, is also available. However, the best way to make an offline payment is to set up an auto-debit standing instruction with ICICI Bank. The system automatically deducts the amount on the due date. You only have to ensure the availability of sufficient funds on the due date.
How Can I Pay My ICICI Credit Card Bill through IMPS?
Having an account in ICICI Bank is one of the quickest ways to pay your ICICI Credit Card bill. However, options to pay through IMPS are available if you do not have an account with ICICI Bank. The IMPS Merchant Payment Option allows you to make instant payments of your ICICI Credit Card bills.
The prime requisite for utilising this facility is to have the mobile banking facility provided by your bank. Most of the banks in India offer this facility. Let us now see the process to initiate an IMPS Merchant Transaction.
- Log in to the Mobile Banking platform by opening the mobile application
- Click on Bank Account
- You will encounter a separate link for IMPS
- Click on this option and select Merchant Payment
- Enter the bank account number from where you wish to make the IMPS
- Enter 7506612221. This number is the Merchant Mobile Number for ICICI Bank Credit Cards.
- Enter 9229001. This number is the Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) for ICICI Bank Credit Cards.
- Proceed with entering the amount you wish to pay. Note that IMPS facility is not available for amounts exceeding 50,000 in a day.
- Finally, enter your ICICI Bank Credit Card number in the 'Payment Reference Number' field
- On submitting this information, you will receive the transaction confirmation on your mobile phone screen.
- Check the details and confirm the transaction
- You will receive a confirmation SMS
- Your payment will reflect in your ICICI Credit Card account in the next 24 hours
Bill Payments through ICICI Net Banking and iMobile
Having an ICICI Bank account is beneficial, as it enables you to make instant ICICI Credit Card payments. The ICICI net banking facility is the quickest mode of paying your ICICI Credit Cards online. The procedure is straightforward.
- Initially, you need to link your ICICI Credit Card to your ICICI Bank account
- Proceed with adding the details by registering the details in the Pay Bills option available in 'Payments and Transfer.'
- The registration process is necessary when you make the first payment. Subsequently, you can select the bill accounts from the 'Registered Billers' option.
- On registering, you can make the payment instantly
ICICI Bank allows its customers to pay ICICI Bank Credit Cards without registering the billers, as well.
- Access the Quick Pay option in the 'Payment and Transfer' section
- Add the details of your Credit Card and make instant payment
Your iMobile app is also one of the best avenues for making ICICI Credit Card payments.
- Choose the Cards option on your iMobile dashboard
- Link your Credit Card with your bank account. It is a one-time process.
- Pay your bill using the iMobile app
Using net banking and iMobile are instant ways of paying your ICICI Credit Card bill. The amount gets credited to your card account almost immediately.
Other Ways to Pay ICICI Credit Card Bill
ICICI Credit Cardholders not having an account with ICICI Bank can pay their bills using the internet banking facility of their banks. However, you should ensure to pay your bills three days in advance to avoid late payment charges.
Click to Pay
Alternatively, they can use the 'Click to Pay' option available on the ICICI Bank website. This mode of payment can take a minimum of three days for reflecting the credit into the account.
- Click on the 'Click to Pay' option
- Select your bank from the drop-down box available on the portal. ICICI Bank has strategic partnerships with selected banks. If your bank is not listed, you cannot use this option to pay your Credit Card bill.
- Select your card type and enter the 16-digit Credit Card number along with the amount you wish to pay.
- The system directs you to the official net banking page of your bank
- Log in to your net banking portal using your user ID and password
- Confirm the amount and your account will get debited immediately
- Note down the transaction reference number
Visa Money Transfer (VMT)
ICICI Bank offers the option to pay any Visa Credit Card bill from your ICICI Bank account. Similarly, you can pay your ICICI Visa Credit Cards using this option. It can take a minimum of three days for the payment to reflect in your account.
Bill Desk allows you to make payment of ICICI Credit Card. You can register your ICICI Bank Credit Card and set up a standing instruction for Bill Desk Pay.
Use NEFT to make your ICICI Credit Card payment from your net banking account. You should ensure to use Transaction code as 52 and IFSC as ICIC0000103. The amount will be credited to the Credit Card account within one day.
E-wallets like PhonePe enable customers to pay ICICI Credit Card online.
- Log in to your PhonePe mobile app
- Select the Credit Card option
- Choose your Credit Card issuer like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner's Club, or Rupay
- Enter the Credit Card number and confirm it
- Enter the payment amount and complete the process using your PhonePe credentials
Offline Methods of Credit Card Payment
Auto Debit: Register your Auto Debit instruction through internet banking or the 24-hour customer care number. Submit the mandate at the address mentioned in the form. The bank ensures to debit the account on the due date.
ATM: Use your ICICI Bank debit card to pay your ICICI Credit Card bill at the ICICI Bank ATM. It is an instant credit facility.
Call to Pay: Call the ICICI Bank Customer Care number and follow the instructions on the IVR. The payment is credited instantly.
Cheque or Bank Draft: Cheque or Draft payment is a traditional way of paying your ICICI Credit Card bill. Drop your cheque or bank draft along with the counterfoil of your Credit Card bill in the ICICI Bank ATM drop box or at any of the bank branches. It can take about three to four days for crediting the payment to your account.
Cash: Paying your Credit Card bill with cash is also an instant payment method. However, cash payment can entail a service charge. It is advisable to pay cash at least one day in advance to avoid late payment charges.
Can I Pay ICICI Credit Card bill through Paytm?
People use e-wallets frequently to pay their utility bills like mobile recharges, electricity bills, and making small-time retail purchases. Paytm is one of the favourite e-wallets used throughout India. Paytm has the facility to enable its customers to pay their Credit Card bills. It is possible to pay your ICICI Credit Card bills using Paytm.
- Log in to your Paytm account
- Select the 'Credit Cards' option. Paytm does not support the payment of all Credit Cards.
- It directs you to the Credit Card bill payment page where you have to enter the Credit Card number.
- Proceed with entering the amount and the mode of payment
- The modes of payment are Paytm wallet, debit cards of banks, and UPI payment
How Can I Pay My ICICI Credit Card Bill through UPI?
It is also possible to pay ICICI Credit Card bills through UPI enabled banking app or BHIM app. This option is available on the official webpage of ICICI Bank. Therefore, customers who do not have an account with ICICI bank can make their payments using this option.
- Access this option on the ICICI Bank webpage
- Please enter your Credit Card number twice and verify it
- Check all the details that are displayed on the screen
- Enter the amount you want to pay
- Click on the 'Generate QR Code' option
- Log in through your UPI enabled mobile banking or BHIM app and scan the QR code displayed on the screen.
- Proceed with the payment by entering the UPI password on your UPI app
- You get the transaction confirmation on your mobile screen
However, it is not possible to make large payments using this facility. BHIM app allows a maximum amount of 10,000 per transaction and a maximum of 20,000 per day.
ICICI Credit Card Payment - FAQs
Is it compulsory to have an ICICI Bank account to pay the ICICI Credit Card bill?
No, it is not necessary to have an ICICI Bank account. It is possible to pay your ICICI Credit Card bill through any bank account.
What are the advantages of using ICICI Bank account to pay ICICI Credit Card bill?
The most significant advantage is that the payment is instantaneous. The Auto Debit facility is the most advantageous because the bank debits your account on the due date. Thus, you avoid late payment charges.
Can you pay your ICICI Bank Credit Card bill using other bank net banking facility?
Yes, it is possible to pay your ICICI Credit Card bill using your bank's net banking facility. The 'Click to Pay' option available on the ICICI platform enables you to make such payments.
Why is it advisable to pay the ICICI Credit Card bill in full?
Paying the Credit Card bill in full enables you to avail the benefit of the interest-free window. You can save on the interest component and avoid late payment fees. It also helps you to improve your credit rating.
Can you pay your ICICI Credit Card using your ICICI debit card?
Yes, this facility is available in the ICICI Bank ATM. Use your debit card to pay your Credit Card bill. The payment is credited instantly.
How long does it take for the payment to take effect?
It depends on the mode of payment. Instant credit methods are as follows:
- Using ICICI net banking or iMobile app
- Using ICICI ATM and paying through your ICICI debit card
- The auto-debit facility from your ICICI Bank account
- The 'Call to pay' option is another instantaneous payment method
Payment through other means like Bill Desk, Click to Pay, cheque/bank draft can take a minimum of three days for crediting your card payment. The Pay by Cash option and IMPS will take one day for the reflection of the credit to the card account.
Can I pay ICICI Credit Card using outstation cheques?
Yes, you can do so, but the payment can take about 21 days to materialise. This method has become an outdated one because people are comfortable using online channels for paying their Credit Card bills.
Are e-wallets a safe method of paying Credit Card bills?
Yes, e-wallets like PhonePe and Paytm offer facilities to pay Credit Card bills. These are safe methods of payment.
What is the 'Scan to Pay' facility?
Customers having UPI-enabled accounts and BHIM app can pay their ICICI Credit Card bills using the 'Scan to Pay' facility. This method involves scanning the QR code displayed on the ICICI bank website when you proceed with the payment. Using this scanned QR code, such customers can pay the Credit Card bill from the UPI-enabled apps.
Is there any charge for IMPS transactions when paying Credit Card bills?
The Reserve Bank of India has instructed all banks not to charge any fees for IMPS transactions from 01st July 2019. Thus, banks should not charge any fees for IMPS transactions. However, some banks do because they have not updated their systems accordingly.