Citibank Loan Against Property
Citibank India headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra is a subsidiary of a multinational financial services corporation, Citigroup headquartered in New York City, United States. Citibank offers a wide range of products and services including consumer banking, equities brokerage and distribution and private banking. Citibank has also been awarded as Best Foreign Bank in Finance Asia Country Awards For Achievement 2017.
About Citibank Loan Against Property
Citibank offers several financial products and services including personal loan, home loan, business loan and credit cards. Among the other loan products, one product is a loan against property that is packed with special features and benefits. The bank offers loan against the property at competitive rates and can be utilized for personal and professionals needs. Citibank is the only bank in India that offers loan against rental property without considering balance tenure of the lease.
Key points of Citibank Loan Against property are mentioned below:
Citibank Loan Against Property
Up to 15 years
Loan to Value (LTV)
Up to 70% of the property value
Type of Property
Loan Top up Facility
Part- prepayment Charges
Nominal amount of charges in case the payment exceeds 25% of the principal amount
Up to 5,000
Citibank Loan Against Property features and benefits
Following are the features of Loan against Property by Citibank:
- Loan Amount: The loan amount offered by the bank ranges between 5 Lakhs to 15 Crores. However, the loan amount is subject to vary as per your loan eligibility.
- Loan Tenure: The bank offers loan against property for the flexible tenure that can go up to 15 years. Citibank offers loan against rental property, residential and commercial property.
- Loan To Value: Loan to Value can go up to 70% of property value subject to bank's norms.
- Favourable locations: The bank offers loan against property based out in locations including Ahmedabad, Chennai, Delhi NCR, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, and Surat.
- Loan Top-up: Top up facility over the existing loan is also one of the available features of the bank.
- Payment Options: Loan repayment can be done either by Standard Instruction on your Citibank account or by NACH (National Automated Clearing House).
- Interest Saving Scheme: Citibank offers a special scheme called Home Credit that enables you to save the overall cost of interest on your loan against property.
- Charges: The bank charges processing fee that can go up to 0.25% and annual fee up to 0.25% p.a. of the loan amount.
- LAP for rental property: Citibank provides loan against the rental property for which your income eligibility is calculated without considering the balance tenure of a lease.
Citibank LTV as per Loan Amount
Citibank's LTV value for a different amount of loan:
|Up to 3 Crores||70%|
|3 Crores - 5 Crores||60% Subject to credit score up to 730|
|5 Crores - 7.5 Crores||60% Subject to credit score that must be 730 and above|
|7.5 Crores and above||60% (For Existing Citibank Customers only)|
Why Loan Against property from Citibank?
Loan against property offered by Citibank comes with extra benefits. Following are the extra advantages of choosing Citibank as your loan partner:
- Loan against Property in case of age above 70 years: The maximum age to avail loan as per the banking norms is 70 years but Citibank accepts the exceptional cases and offers loan to people who are of age 70 years and above. Example- A proprietor of age 75 years who is looking for LAP will not be considered eligible for a loan due to his age but Citibank with an extra consideration will offer him a loan. In this case, if the owner has a son, who is of age below 55 years and is eligible for a loan then he will get a loan up to the loan tenure of 15 years.
- Loan against Rental Property: Generally, the banks offering loan against rental property calculates your income eligibility based on the balance tenure of the lease. After calculating your eligibility based on the balance lease time, the loan amount and tenure are decided but Citibank is the only bank that calculates your income without considering the balance tenure of the lease and the loan tenure may go up to 15 years.
- Facility of Over Draft on the rental property: No other bank in India is offering the facility of overdraft on loan against rental property.
Citibank Home Credit Loan Scheme
Citibank's loan against property comes with an extra benefit which helps you in saving your total interest cost. You can save your interest cost by availing Home Credit Account scheme of the bank. Under the scheme, your current account is linked with your loan. This scheme gives you an option to decide what interest you pay on your loan. The amount that you deposit in Home Credit Account in excess of threshold amount and subject to a maximum of your outstanding loan is transferred on daily basis to your loan account. This way the interest charged on your loan will be offset. You can also withdraw this amount anytime as the overdraft.
The advantage of Home Credit Account scheme:
Along with the advantage of saved interest cost, Home Credit Account scheme is beneficial in other ways too. The following are the advantages:
- You can use the account to deposit your excess savings, annual bonus rather than making partial payments. You can withdraw excess amount deposited in the account anytime.
- Interest on your loan is calculated on daily basis, every penny kept in the account will help you in reducing the overall interest cost.
- The account can be used as the normal saving account. Similar to the saving account, you will get a cheque book and ATM card.
- You can also access online portal of the bank for other services including financial transactions, funds transfer, payments of utility and credit card bills and order for Demand Draft.
Citibank LAP can be used for
You can fulfill multiple tasks with the help of Citibank loan against property. It can be used for:
- Purchase of machinery
- Purchasing a new property
- For child's education
- For closing the existing high-cost debts
- For any other professional or personal need
Citibank LAP Eligibility
Your loan eligibility depends upon following factors:
- Age: you should be at least of 23 years at the time of loan commencement and maximum age at the time of loan maturity should be 70 years.
- Income: To enhance your eligibility for a loan, you must have a source of regular income.
- Repayment capacity: One of the factors that affect your loan eligibility is your repayment capacity. More you are capable to pay, more are your chances to get high loan amount.
- Value of property: The value of your property affects your loan eligibility. More the value of your property more will be the amount of loan.
- Job/ Business stability: You must have total experience of 3 years and 2 years of cash profit in case of business.
Citibank LAP Documentation
Following are the documents are required to process your loan application:
|Type of Document||Salaried Employee||Self-Employed|
|Salary slips/ Income Tax Return||Salary slips of recent 3 months or Salary Certificate/ Bank statement/ Copy of passbook of recent 3-6 months||Income Tax Return of recent 3 years duly certified by CA/ Bank statement/ Copy of passbook of recent 3-6 months|
|Salary proof/ Business statements||Form 16/ PF statement/ Appointment Letter||Balance Sheet and P&L Statement for recent 3 years including schedules and Annexures|
|Identity proof||Passport/ Voter ID /PAN/ Driving License/ Aadhar Card||Passport/ Voter ID /PAN/ Driving License/ Aadhar Card|
|Job/ Business stability||Full-time job stable for years|
Proof of business registration:
GST/ VAT/ Service Tax or incorporation certificate
|Residential address proof||Registered rent agreement/ Passport/ Utility bill (up to 3 months old)/ Leave and license||Registered rent agreement/ Passport/ Utility bill (up to 3 months old)/ Leave and license|
|Other documents||Cheque of processing fee in favor of Citibank along with application fee|
BEST LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY OFFERS FROM OTHER BANKS
DHFL LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
HDFC BANK LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
AXIS BANK LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
ICICI BANK LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
PNB HOUSING LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
RBL BANK LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
YES BANK LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
ADITYA BIRLA LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
CAPITAL FIRST LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
FULLERTON INDIA LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
DEUTSCHE BANK LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
BAJAJ FINSERV LOAN AGAINST PROPERTY
Total Interest Payable
Total of Payments
(Principal + Interest)