Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was introduced by our honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 25th June 2015. The objective of this housing scheme was to ensure that every Indian citizen gets a proper house to live in by the end of the year 2022.
Some of the highlights of the programme are as follows:
- At the time of the launching of the scheme, it was bifurcated into two parts, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - Gramin (Rural) and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - Shehari (Urban).
- The Government envisaged seven years to complete the entire project for which there was a budgetary allocation of 439.22 billion.
- The classification of the beneficiaries was done based on the income of the household:
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): Household income up to 3 Lakhs
- Low Income Group (LIG): The maximum household income should not exceed 6 Lakhs
- Middle Income Group (MIG): Income between 6 Lakhs to 18 Lakhs
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - Application Procedure
- The prime eligibility criterion for applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is that the applicant should be poor or economically deprived.
- Alternatively, the applicant should fall under the EWS/LIG category
- Individuals who belong to the middle-income group have to apply directly to their respective banks.
- He/she should not have a house in their names
Applications for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019 can be submitted online. There is no need for visiting any office to do so. The objective of the online application is to remove red-tapism and ensure complete transparency in the dealings.
Here is the application procedure:
- Log in to the website http://pmaymis.gov.in
- On the home page, you will come across the option, Citizen Assessment. Click on this option to proceed further.
- You have to select between two options
- For Slum Dwellers
- Benefit under other 3 Component (1 - Beneficiary Led Construction or Enhancement, 2 - Affordable Housing in Partnership, 3 - Credit Linked Subsidy).
Choose your category depending on your classification.
- The next step is to enter your Aadhaar Number and name as it appears on the Aadhaar Card
- Click on the 'Check' option
- The system does a quick check to confirm the genuineness of the Aadhaar before directing you to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online application form.
- This application form is not for people belonging to 'Income Group greater than 50,000 per month.' Such people should contact the individual banks directly to apply under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) for MIG 1 and 2, respectively.
- The online application form is self-explanatory. Complete the details accurately.
- You have to provide your bank account details in the application form. If you apply under the Slum Dwellers category, this information is not required.
- Enter the Captcha Code correctly to save the application
- Take a printout, as it enables you to confirm the details and edit the information if any
- It also becomes useful to track your application in the future
Frequently Asked Questions - Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Application Procedure
Who can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online?
All applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply online.
How do I select the appropriate component for Citizen Assessment?
Slum-dwellers have only one option to select. It is ISSR (Insitu Slum Rehabilitation Component). Non-slum dwellers have the following three options:
- Beneficiary Led Construction: Here, the applicant has land in his/her name and is interested in the construction of the house (BLC - new construction). In the case of an existing structure, the option would be (BLC - enhancement). The maximum area after improvement should not exceed 30 sqm.
- Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme: If the applicant can afford to take housing loan to purchase, construct or renovate the home, he/she has to select CLSS. The applicant will become eligible for a subsidy on the Home Loan.
- Affordable Housing in Partnership: Here, the applicant has neither land nor can afford to take a Home Loan. Such applicants should select AHP.
What are the income criteria for applying for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Here are the household income criteria:
- Up to 25,000 per month: Applicant can select any component
- More than 25,000 and up to 50,000 per month: The applicant can choose only CLSS EWS/LIG component.
- More than 50,000 and up to 1 Lakh per months: CLSS MIG 1 is the only option
- More than 1 Lakh and up to 1.50 Lakhs per month: CLSS MIG 2 is the only available option.
What benefits accrue to me under each component?
The benefits are as follows:
- ISSR: Central Government grant of 1 Lakh per house, and State and Urban Local Bodies share is at the discretion of the State.
- AHP and BLC: Central Government of 1.50 Lakhs per dwelling, and State/ULB share at the discretion of the State.
- CLSS: Upfront subsidy @6.50% for EWS and LIG for Home Loans up to 6 Lakhs
- Interest Subsidy @4% on Home Loans up to 9 Lakhs for the MIG: 1 category, and @3% on Home Loans up to 12 Lakhs for MIG - 2.
Is there any registration fee to be paid along with the application?
In the case of online application through the official website of PMAY, there are no application fees. If you submit your form online through CSC, you have to pay 25 plus GST as application fee.
Can I apply under Prime Minister Awas Yojana without Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar Card is a mandatory requirement for citizens to apply online.
Can I apply twice using the same Aadhaar card?
No, it is not possible to apply twice using the same Aadhaar card. Only one account is permissible per Aadhaar Card.