Savings Bank Account is every individual’s banking necessity in today’s times. It is a means for ensuring the safety of one’s savings and minimisation of cash transactions.
Opening of a bank account with any bank used to require an introduction by an existing bank account holder in the past, this was replaced by the furnishing of KYC documents.Further, it is replaced by PAN number and Aadhaar based authentication in the current times.
Almost all banks have come up with online platforms for opening instant Savings Accounts the paperless way.With digitisation coming in, online banking is a new way of life. So, let’s find out step by step process for opening online accounts in the top banks in India below.
HDFC Bank Savings Account:
- An HDFC Savings Account can be opened online by logging into the bank’s official website.
- Select Savings Account under Products Menu.
- Next, select the type of Savings Account you want to apply for. HDFC Bank has a variety of Savings Bank Account options like Savings Max Account, Women’s Savings Account, Senior Savings Account, Family Savings Group Account, and many more.
- Select if you are a new or an existing customer before proceeding.
- Make sure you fill the Application Form completely.
- Attach documents furnishing the KYC details.
- Now you can press the apply tab.
- The online application will be followed by a verification process whereby representatives from the bank will visit your residence.
- Once the verification process is complete, you would receive the welcome kit. Cheque book, ATM card, and PIN details would be a part of the kit.
- The application status can be tracked online. The account would be activated once all the formalities are complete.
- The customer may then proceed with online transactions and use other banking facilities.
Axis Bank Savings Account:
- You can apply for Savings Account online by visiting Axis Bank’s website or portal.
- Select ‘Savings Account’ and choose the best match account for yourself.
- Next thoroughly fill the application.
- Now submit proof of identity, proof of address, PAN Card and passport size photographs for complying with the KYC process.
- An account will be opened online, subject to verification of documents and authentication of details.
- Axis Bank Call Centre may be contacted in case one faces any issues at the time of online application.
- An initial amount may have to be transferred to meet the minimum balance requirements of the bank.
- On successful completion of all formalities, the online account shall be activated. Cheque book, ATM Card, and other relevant documents will be sent across for initiating banking transactions.
Digibank by DBS:
- The first step is to install digibank App by DBS.
- To launch the app, fill personal details.
- Next, share the contact details. Contact details so entered are verified using OTP.
- On successful verification of contact details, User login id and password need to be set up for accessing the account.
- Once the app is opened, one needs to tap on the start button and select “Open E-Wallet” and then get started with the usage of virtual Debit Card.
- “Open Digibank Savings” is to be pressed once the account is created.
- Enter AadhaarCard details to complete the Aadhaar authentication process.
- Enter PAN card details.
- Details like occupational status, income source details, salary range, estimated financial assets owned, nominee selection, and other personal details need to be entered.
- This sets the platform for online paperless verification.
- The reference number so generated will have to be shared on a helpline number through text message to enable tracing an agent close to you. This is required for enabling biometric verification of the customer.
- The account stands activated on successful completion of verification.
RBL Bank or Ratnakar Bank:
- The first step requires selecting the option of Savings Account by accessing the official portal of RBL Bank.
- Share your contact number, e-mail ID, Aadhaar number, and PAN number. Contact number is verified by sending the OTP.
- This is followed by personal details and another round of authentication based on OTP that is sent to the registered mobile number.
- An account may be opened subject to verification on the basis of the above details.
- There is also an option to select the account number according to one’s own choice.
- Minimum amount to be transferred and an average monthly balance of Rs. 5,000 needs to be maintained.
- The account offers an array of online banking services once the account is operational.
State Bank of India:
- You can open SBI account by visiting the bank’s official website.
- To open the account, select “Savings account” and press “apply now.”
- Fill the application form completely.
- Share personal details like name, date of birth, address, etc. and financial details like salary, net assets held, etc.
- Next, fill the KYC details. There would be an option to visit the closest SBI branch for submission of said documents. This step may be skipped with Aadhaar based authentication. However, the choice for the same depends on the type of Savings Account chosen by you.
- Once verification for all of above is complete, the account would be activated in a few days.
- The account may be accessed online through the Internet and mobile banking post activation.
Also Read: 10 Best Savings Account Options for Indian Citizens
To apply online for Credit Cards, Secured Loans and Unsecured Loans, visit www.mymoneymantra.com, the leading online lending marketplace that offers financial products from 90+ Banks and NBFCs. We have served 7 million+ happy customers since 1989.