SBI Credit Card Activation
The State bank of India is one of the most reputed banks globally that provides safe and efficient services to customers. They have an unparalleled system when it comes to providing smooth customer services, easy banking methods, and overall customer satisfaction across the country.
The State bank of India also offers a range of credit cards such as premium cards and basic cards. If you have already applied for one, after you receive it, you will need to activate it before you start to use it.
If you are looking forward to enjoying SBI credit card services and are wondering how to activate SBI credit card, we have got you covered.
Here is all that you must know regarding activating your SBI credit card, several ways to do it, and other queries that you might have.
How to Activate your SBI Card Online?
If you prefer easy and instant methods, online ways are the best options for you if you are thinking of how to activate an SBI credit card for online transactions.
- The first and the most convenient way for you to follow his net banking. If you want to go for a hassle-free and instant method to activate your SBI credit card through net banking, first, you need to make sure that you have registered with the SBI cards net banking facility. It is an easy method that you can follow and instantly activate your credit card without any complexities.
- Another way that you can follow if you are looking for online methods is to choose mobile banking services to activate your SBI credit card. It is also an easy and hassle-free service that you can follow to activate your credit card instantly. You can follow the mobile banking method without the internet, which makes it one of the most feasible methods to follow. Most banks, including the SBI, have launched an app that you can install on your smartphone to activate your credit card instantly.
- Another method that you can choose to activate your SBI credit card using online methods is using your email. Customers of the State bank of India get their credit card activated through email in a hassle-free manner. Just log in to your SBI card account and click on the email option under the contact us section. Put in your credit card details and request for card activation. They will verify your details and activate your SBI credit card as soon as possible.
Take a look at the detailed steps that you need to follow to use the online methods.
How to Activate SBI Credit Card through Netbanking?
To activate your card via SBI net banking, you need to follow the following steps:
- If you are a first-time user, you will need to register yourself first, before you move further with the SBI credit card activation online.
- After registering, she will be asked to generate a PIN for the first time.
- Visit the SBI bank portal online and log in with your credentials. Select the credit card option that will appear on your screen.
- Put your credit card number correctly, along with the one-time password that you received on your phone.
- Again, you will be asked to put your password and your OTP before successfully activating your SBI credit card.
- If you have already registered for some time, you will not need to re-register to activate your card. You will need to put your credentials to log in to your account. Put your credit card pin and your credit card number properly.
- Make sure you put your registered mobile number that is linked to your bank account to avoid complexities. Check your details twice before hitting the submit button.
If you are thinking about how to activate SBI credit card online, net banking would be the most feasible option to go for.
How to Activate SBI Bank Credit Card through Mobile Banking?
If you want to go for the mobile banking procedure to activate your SBI bank credit card, follow these easy steps to do the same.
- If you are wondering how to activate an SBI credit card using mobile banking, first, you need to install the SBI application on your phone.
- If the app is already installed, log in to your account. If you are a first-time user, create a user ID and password to log in to your account.
- After logging in, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number registered to your bank account.
- Enter that OTP and click on the proceed button for further steps.
- You have to set an M pin and enable touch ID to activate your credit card.
- Go to the requests tab on the application and select the card activation option. You will be asked to put your card details once again. Crosscheck the details along with your mobile number and email address properly before hitting the activate button.
How to Activate SBI Credit Card Offline?
If you do not want to explore the online methods, including mobile banking and net banking methods, there are several offline methods that you can use to activate your SBI credit card.
- The most feasible offline method for You would be to activate your credit card using the ATM. It is easy, convenient, and hassle-free, so it is one of the most preferred methods by many users.
- If you want to avoid all the previously mentioned methods, you can take the help of the customer services of SBI bank to activate your SBI credit card safely.
- A simple offline method that you can follow to change your SBI credit card pin is SMS. Once you register yourself for the first time, you are asked to change the pin for security purposes. To change your SBI credit card pin via SMS, send an SMS from your registered mobile number to 567676. Please type in your credit card number's last four digits and send it after cross checking everything.
If you are a first-time user wondering how to activate an SBI credit card safely following offline methods, the methods are in a detailed version.
How to Activate SBI Credit Card through ATM?
Follow these steps to activate your credit cards through ATM:
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM.
- Slide your card into the machine and choose your preferred language for further steps.
- You will have to create a new ATM pin using a one-time password. Put your OTP that you received on your registered mobile number.
- You must enter your mobile number for verification. After the verification, you will receive a four-digit pin of your choice that will be used in the future as your SBI credit card pin.
- Confirm your pin by retyping it and click on the submit button when you are done.
After following these steps properly, an SMS update will be sent to your registered mobile number by the bank.
How to Activate SBI Credit Card via Customer Care?
If you are wondering how to active SBI credit card and want to avoid mobile banking, net banking, and ATM methods, customer care is the best option that you should go for. It is a completely safe, secured, and feasible process for anyone who is a first-time user.
To get your card activated through SBI credit card customer care services, you must call their toll-free number 1800 180 1290.
You need to follow the interactive voice response that will be provided to you by the bank. They will ask for your credit card details along with your mobile number and email address for verification purposes. After the verification, they will provide you with the further steps you will need to follow to activate your SBI credit card. Also, check how to close SBI Credit Card via different methods.
✅ Can I change my SBI credit card details using an ATM?
Ans: If you want to change your credit card details using an ATM, visit the ATM, put your existing credit card pin, and click on the change pin option.
✅ What is likely to happen if I lose my SBI credit card?
Ans: If you happen to lose your SBI credit card for some reason, contact the bank's customer care as soon as possible at 1800112211/ 18004253800. You can also send an SMS with the word SBI to 567676.
✅ What happens if my SBI credit card is not activated even after following all steps correctly?
Ans: Contact the bank or call their toll-free number/to send an SMS at the earliest.
✅ What is the easiest way to change my SBI credit card pin?
Ans: To change your SBI credit card pin quickly, send an SMS to 567676 with the last four digits of your credit card number. You can also visit your nearest ATM to do the same.