How to Get Home Loan Interest Certificate from SBI, HDFC & Other Banks?
A Home Loan Provisional Certificate is provided by your lender. It is a document that works as a legal proof of your Home Loan credit history and summaries details of Home Loan repayment, categorising interest and the principal amount repaid in the given financial year.
You can download Home Loan Interest Certificate online or by visiting your bank branch. Having a copy of Home Loan certificate benefits you in multiple ways.
Why Home Loan Certificate is important?
Here are the benefits of requesting Home Loan statement from your bank or NBFC:
1. Legal proof of Home Loan repayment history.
2. When you apply for a loan, the lender will demand Home Loan certificate to evaluate loan-to-value ratio i.e. the balance loan amount and eligible credit limit.
3. While filing income tax return you are required to submit the Home Loan statement to claim Tax Benefits on Home Loan principal and Home Loan interest repayment under sections 80C & 24 respectively.
Thus, it is important to demand a Home Loan Interest Certificate from your bank each financial year. You should always request loan statement for each financial year in a timely manner. Let’s find out online method for downloading Home Loan Interest Certificate form top banks and NBFCs below:
SBI Home Loan Provisional Interest Certificate
State Bank of India is India’s largest public sector bank and offers hassle free customer support through its website and app. To download SBI Loan Statement follow these steps:
- To access SBI Home Loan Interest Certificate log on to SBI personal banking website: onlinesbi.com/personal.
- Click on Enquiries tab & select “Home Loan Int. Cert (Prov)” link.
- Now, choose Home Loan Account for which you want the interest certificate.
- The certificate can be viewed, printed or downloaded in pdf format as per your choice from this window.
ICICI Bank Home Loan Statement
To get ICICI Home Loan Certificate/ Statement online, follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/loans/home-loan/home-loan-statement.page
- Click on ‘Continue to Login’ under Home Loan Statement.
- Login here with customer ID & password.
- Share Home Loan account number, date of birth, loan amount, EMI amount & submit the information.
- This will provide instant access your Home Loan summary, provisional income tax certificate, final income tax certificate etc.
- Access Home Loan interest certificate & download it.
HDFC Home Loan Provisional Interest Certificate
To download HDFC Home Loan Provisional Interest Certificate follow steps as under:
- Visit link for directly downloading HDFC Provisional Interest Certificate for FY 2020-2021: https://portal.hdfc.com/loanapps/provisional-interest-certificate
- Provide Loan Account Number and submit the application.
- Now you will access Home Loan Provisional Interest Certificate for the current year.
- Choose to receive the document by Email or Post. The postal delivery will take up to two working days.
- Alternatively you can visit https://portal.hdfc.com/ and log in to ‘Online Access for Customers.’ Share Loan Account Number and Date of Birth to access the Account Statement.
Axis Bank Home Loan Statement
Axis Bank also provides one step instant access to Home Loan statement. Here are the steps:
- Visit https://application.axisbank.co.in/WebForms/axis-support/Interest-Certificate.aspx
- Share registered mobile number and validate captcha and press ENTER.
- On verification of mobile number you will instantly access the document. Axis Bank Home Loan Interest Certificate will be automatically downloaded.
- Make sure site settings for “pop up” is enabled before making the request.
Bank of Baroda Home Loan Statement
Bank of Baroda is the third largest public sector bank of the country and support customer-friendly digital support. Here are the steps to download BOB Home Loan Interest Certificate.
- Use your BOB Used ID and Password to log in to Baroda Connect.
- Click on “Services” tab and choose Tax Section.
- Now click on Interest Certificate Tab.
- Choose Certificate Type, Account ID and Financial Year to instantly get Home Loan Interest Certificate.
- The Certificate will be automatically downloaded on your device. Save for future reference.
PNB Housing Home Loan Statement
To instantly access PNB Housing Provisional Certificate for Home Loan follow these steps:
- Visit https://customerservice.pnbhousing.com/myportal/pnbhfllogin
- Click on IT Certificate
- Fill Loan Account, Type of Certificate and Financial Year & Submit the form.
- You will instantly access the PNB Housing Home Loan Provisional Certificate. Download & Save.
Bajaj Finserv Home Loan Statement
To download Bajaj Finserv Home Loan Certificate, sign in to customer portal or install Experia App on your smartphone. Submit loan account number & other details for instant access to Bajaj Finserv Home Loan certificate.
IDBI Home Loan Provisional Interest Certificate
To access IDBI Home Loan Statement, follow these steps:
- Open form for IDBI Home Loan Statement here: https://webapps.idbibank.co.in/Easy_Access_LIVE/
- Share customer ID, Loan Account Number, Date of Birth and PAN Number to access the loan statement & submit the form.
- Only main applicant can access the information.
- You will instantly access IDBI Home Loan Statement.
Kotak Bank Interest/ Tax Certificate for Home Loan
To download Kotak Bank Home Loan Interest/ Tax Certificate follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.kotak.com/en/help-center/loans–hl–pl–bl–lap–wc-/home-loan/interest—tax-certificate.html
- Log in to new internet banking & request the certificate.
- Alternatively write request here https://www.kotak.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/email-us/kotak-loan/home-loan.html and the bank will get back to you with response.
In this age most banks offer state of the art digital support to the customers. To download loan statement all you need to do is login to customers’ portal and request the tax certificate/ provisional interest certificate. Most institutions will require you to authenticate your identity and share loan account details only. The access to Home Loan Statement will be instant.
To apply online for Best Home Loan in India, Credit Cards, Secured Loans and Unsecured Loans, visit www.mymoneymantra.com, the leading online lending marketplace that offers financial products from 100+ Banks and NBFCs. We have served 7 million+ happy customers since 1989.