What Is So Special About NTR Housing Scheme?
It was in the year 2015 that the Prime Minister of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana to ensure pucca houses for all citizens of India. The scheme, also known as PMAY, aimed at offering financial assistance to Low-Income Families, Middle Income Groups and Economically Weaker Sections, and help build as many as 2 crore new houses by the year 2022.
On the 125thbirth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on April 14th, 2016, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched the NTR Housing Scheme. The objective of the scheme is to provide pucca houses to all homeless as well as rural and urban poor of the state.
NTR Housing Scheme
The primary aim of the scheme is to provide permanent pucca houses to all people in the urban and rural setting, who are unable to afford them. The scheme also aims at assisting existing homeowners with affordable reconstruction.
The NTR Housing Scheme in AP is characterised by the following: –
- A total of 15.78 lakh houses have been sanctioned under the scheme.
- The projected cost of building houses is Rs. 31,793 crores.
- The housing scheme comprises of two distinct segments – PMAY-NTR Gramin and the PMAY-NTR Urban-Beneficiary Led Construction (BLC) schemes.
- The unit cost for various home sizes are as follows:
- The cost of a 430 sq.ft. house will be Rs.7.71 Lakh.
- The cost of a 365 sq.ft. house will be Rs.6.74 Lakh.
- The cost of a 300 sq.ft. house will be Rs.5.62 Lakh.
- The houses will be equipped with the following appliances to ensure energy efficiency:
- 9W LED bulb
- 20W LED tube light
- 50W fan
- LED streetlights in the surrounding areas
The NTR Housing scheme offers financial assistance in the form of affordable Housing Loans to urban and rural poor towards the cost of construction of new pucca houses in the following way:
- The beneficiaries of the NTR Urban scheme are entitled to a subsidy of Rs.2.5 Lakh
- The beneficiaries of the NTR Rural scheme are entitled to a subsidy of Rs.1.5 Lakh
- The beneficiaries belonging to SC or ST segments are entitled to an additional subsidy of Rs.50,000.
The people who meet all the below-listed criteria are considered to be eligible for getting a house under the NTR Scheme-
- The applicant must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- The applicant must have a Below Poverty Line (BPL) Card or a White Ration Card.
- The applicant should not own land or house under any other government housing scheme.
The applicant needs to provide the details of their present as well as their permanent address complete with the number of years they have been residing in the same. In addition, the applicant needs to furnish the details of any other property owned by the immediate family anywhere in India.
Aadhaar Card is mandatory for all the applicants under the PMAY-NTR Housing Scheme. Alternatively, unique identity numbers such as Voter ID Cards, Driving Licence, or Passports may also be used as proof of identity.
Details of the income of the applicant, their nature of work, and a number of working as well as dependent family members, must all be furnished. The total number of family members must be indicated, complete with the proofs of age of each one.
The applicant must submit all the details pertaining to their bank account number and branch details in the application form.
The applicants are required to submit the detailed measurement of the required house, complete with the number of rooms needed.
The applicant must be able to furnish documents indicating their caste, religion, and their BPL status.
NTR Housing Scheme: Application Process
The NTR Housing Scheme in Andhra Pradesh is a part of the Pradhan MantriAwasYojana and helps the applicant receive financial assistance in the form of a Home Loan such as PNB Housing Loan. Hence, any applicant wanting assistance under the scheme is required to fill in the online application form for PMAY. This can be done in the following series of steps –
- Visit the official website of PMAY – http://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Log in or sign up on the page, using your credentials
- After logging in, click on the ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab
- Then, as applicable, choose one of the two options –
- For Slum Dwellers
- Benefits under other 3 Components
- Next, enter your Aadhaar details. Once you do so, you will be redirected to the application page.
- You will then need to fill up the application form with accurate details.
- Next, key in the captcha code correctly, and click on the ‘Save’ Tab.
After you save the form, your application will be processed and verified. If you are found eligible for the scheme, you will receive a confirmation regarding the same, via email and post.
If you get selected as a beneficiary of this scheme, you can then approach a PMAY compliant bank, and avail a Housing Loan as per your need. For instance, even an NBFC loan such as Bajaj Finserv Home Loan can be availed provided you are eligible. Not only is the process for acquiring the Home Loan is hassle-free and quick, but the NBFC also offers flexible repayment options, making it quite convenient to procure and pay-off the loan amount.
To apply online for Best Credit Cards in India, Secured Loans and Unsecured Loans, visit mymoneymantra, the leading online lending marketplace that offers financial products from 90+ Banks and NBFCs. We have served 4 million+ happy customers since 1989.
Talk to our Loan Specialists toll-free at 18001034004 to know more about our products and offers.