Top 10 Credit Cards to Get Airport Lounge Access
Travelling can often prove to be an exhausting affair in itself. Add to it, hours of waiting at crowded airports, barely able to find a comfortable spot to sit or rest, the never-ending announcements, the flurry of people running around and you have the recipe for a disastrous experience. And don’t even get us started on the low quality, steeply priced snacks, which can only take your frustration to another level, especially when they fail to satisfy your taste buds and growling stomach.
So, what it’s the way out of this ordeal? Well, it is as simple as the right Credit Card. With a perfect Credit Card in your wallet, you will not only earn free entry to the international and domestic airport lounges, it will also benefit you in a wide variety of ways!
List of best credit cards with free lounge access in India and International:
|Cards Name||Annual Fee||Benefits|
|HDFC Regalia First Credit Card||
Rs.1,000 + taxes
|Free 8 domestic and 3 international accesses to over 1,000 Priority Pass Airport Lounges across the globe|
|InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card||Rs.5,000 + taxes||
Get complimentary airport lounge access with DragonPass Membership
|SBI ELITE Credit Card||
Rs.4,999 + taxes
|Complimentary 2 international and 2 domestic Airport Lounge accesses every quarter.|
|Access to 2 domestic Airport Lounges in a quarter|
|American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card||
Joining Fee: Rs. 3,500 + taxes, Renewal Fee: Rs. 5,000 + taxes
|4 complementary accesses (1 per quarter) to domestic lounges in a year in India|
|Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card||
|Complementary lounge access, business class ticket, priority check-in, club vistara points, and insurance benefits.|
|Access to the exclusive Vistara Lounge at Terminal 3 of the IGI Airport, Delhi|
|Jet Privilege HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card||
Rs.1,000 + taxes
|2 complimentary lounge visits per quarter and membership to InterMiles Accrual Program|
|HDFC Superia Credit Card||Rs. 1,000 + taxes||Convert reward points into air miles or vouchers of domestic airlines and save up to Rs. 8,000 a year.|
|Axis Bank Titanium Smart Traveller Credit Card||
Joining Fee: Rs. 250, Renewal Fee: Rs. 100
|Access to Airport Lounges in domestic as well as international terminals|
|Yatra SBI Credit Card||
Rs.499 + taxes
|Yatra.com vouchers, discounts on domestic and international flights bookings, travel vouchers, etc.|
|AXIS Bank Miles & More World Credit Card||
Rs.3,500 + taxes
|Access to MasterCard Lounges at domestic Airports (maximum of 4 per quarter), never expiring miles.|
Let’s take you through the list of Top 10 Airport Lounge Credit Cards in India.
Best Credit Cards to Get Airport Lounge Access
- 1. HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
- 2. InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card
- 3. SBI ELITE Credit Card
- 4. American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- 5. Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card
- 6. Jet Privilege HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card
- 7. HDFC Superia Credit Card
- 8. Axis Bank Titanium Smart Traveller Credit Card
- 9. Yatra SBI Credit Card
- 10. AXIS Bank Miles & More World Credit Card
1. HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
This Card from HDFC works best for those who spend frequently on travel and dining. Regalia First Credit Card by HDFC Bank offers some exclusive features and benefits as mentioned below:
- The card is offered at an Annual Fee and Renewal Fee of Rs. 1,000 plus applicable taxes.
- On payment of membership fee, you get 1000 welcome reward points and renewal benefit of 1000 reward points.
- On spending Rs. 1,00,000 in a year, your Renewal Fee will be waived for next year.
- Complimentary access to over 1,000 Priority Pass Airport Lounges across the globe
- Access to VISA/MasterCard Lounges.
- 8 complimentary accesses per calendar year in India (both domestic & international terminals) using your Visa/ MasterCard Regalia First Credit Card.
- Use Priority Pass to avail up to 3 complimentary accesses per calendar year outside India for you and your add on member.
- Earn 4 reward points on spending Rs. 150 on retail, including Insurance, Education, Utilities, and RentPay.
- Earn 5,000 reward points on spending Rs. 3,00,000 or more annually in each anniversary year.
- Get cashback of up to 5% on your travel & shopping spends on SmartBuy
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 at all fuel stations in India.
- Get 10 times reward points on spending on your travel and shopping on SmartBuy
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership
- Facility to redeem Rewards Points for travel bookings or convert them into air miles
- Foreign currency markup at just 2%
- Get accidental air death cover valued Rs. 50 Lakhs, emergency overseas hospitalisation up to Rs. 10 Lakhs in emergency, and credit liability cover of up to Rs. 5 Lakhs.
2. InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card
The InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card is best suited for frequent flyers and comes with a powerful array of benefits, such as:
- The card is offered at a Joining Fee and Annual Fee of Rs. 5,000
- You get 10,000 welcome bonus InterMiles along with a complimentary discount code of Rs. 750 on joining.
- Earn 5,000 renewal bonus InterMiles along with a complimentary discount code of Rs. 500 on every renewal.
- Get Welcome Bonus InterMiles of 10,000 InterMiles and Renewal Bonus InterMiles 5,000 InterMiles.
- Joining and annual fees are waived off for InterMiles Platinum Tier members
- On spending per Rs. 100 on the card, you earn up to 10 InterMiles
- With DragonPass Membership, get 2 international airport lounge visits & 2 spa sessions at selected airports in India each year.
- Get complimentary golf rounds, movie tickets, dining discounts, and much more
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions at select fuel outlets
- Your card can accumulate up to a maximum of 60,000 InterMiles against your spending in each anniversary year.
- 5% discount on booking Economy Class tickets on Etihad Airways
- 10% discount on booking Business Class tickets on Etihad Airways
3. SBI ELITE Credit Card
SBI Card ELITE is yet another card that offers a wide array of travel benefits for movie goers, fine diners, shoppers, and travellers.
Some of the most popular benefits of the card include:
- The card comes at an Annual Fee and Renewal Fee of Rs. 4,999 plus taxes.
- Welcome e- Gift Voucher worth Rs. 5,000
- You get worth Rs. 6,000 free movie tickets every year
- Earn bonus reward points up to 50,000, worth Rs. 12,500 per year
- Earn 10,000 bonus reward points on annual spend of Rs. 3 Lakhs and Rs. 4 Lakhs
- Get 5X reward points on spending on departmental stores, dining, grocery and 2 reward points on spending each Rs. 100 on all other categories (except fuel).
- Get complimentary Priority Pass Program membership worth $99, under which you can avail 6 complimentary airport lounge visits each calendar year, outside India in over 1000 airport lounges worldwide.
- Get 2 complimentary visits to domestic airport lounges every quarter in India
- Complimentary membership to Club Vistara Silver, which gives you 1 complimentary lounge access voucher, 1 upgrade voucher and 9 Club Vistara Points for spending every Rs. 100 on Vistara flights.
- Complimentary membership to Trident Privilege Red Tier, that gives you 1,000 welcome points on registration, 1,500 bonus points on first stay, and additional Rs. 1,000 hotel credit on extended night stay.
- The card offers the lowest Foreign Currency Mark-up Charge on international usage of 1.99%.
- Earn 2 reward points on spending every Rs. 100 on international transactions
- Avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver on every spend of between Rs. 500 to Rs. 4,000 at any petrol pump in the country.
4. American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
Every frequent traveler can rely on this Travel Credit Card for attractive features and benefits, including:
- The Joining Fee for this card is Rs. 3,500 plus applicable taxes and Renewal Fee is Rs. 5,000 plus applicable taxes.
- Get 5,000 milestone bonus membership rewards points as welcome gift, redeemable for travel vouchers worth Rs. 3,500.
- Earn 1 membership reward point for spending every Rs. 50 except for fuel, utilities, insurance, and cash transactions.
- On spending Rs. 1.90 Lakhs in a year, you get travel vouchers worth over Rs. 6,360 and on spending Rs. 4 Lakhs in a year, you get additional travel vouchers worth over Rs. 9,440.
- Enjoy 4 complimentary airport lounge visits per year (1 visit per quarter) across India
- Get a Taj Experiences E-Gift Card valued Rs. 10,000 by the Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris.
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership with the US$99 annual membership fee waived off.
- 0% convenience fee on fueling at HPCL
5. Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card
This card is ideal for frequent flyers. The card comes with several benefits for travellers, such as:
- The Joining Fee and Renewal Fee Fee for this card is Rs. 10,000 plus applicable taxes.
- Get a complimentary business class ticket as welcome gift
- Get Complimentary Club Vistara Gold Membership that gives you complementary lounge access for each flight, priority check-in, priority boarding, additional baggage allowance, and priority baggage handling.
- Earn 6 CV (Club Vistara) points on spending every Rs. 200
- Get 10,000 bonus CV Points on spending Rs. 1,00,000 in the first 90 days from card issuance
- Get up to 4 complimentary business class tickets on achieving milestone spends of Rs. 2,50,000, Rs. 5,00,000, Rs. 7,50,000, and Rs. 12 Lakhs (1 ticket on achieving 1 milestone).
- 6 complimentary golf rounds
- Minimum 15% discount at partner restaurants
- Get air accident cover of up to Rs. 2.5 Crores
- Get purchase protection cover of up to Rs. 1 Lakh
- Convert any transaction worth Rs. 2,500 or above into EMIs
- 24X7 dedicated concierge desk
6. Jet Privilege HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card
Yet another co-branded Credit Card for frequent flyers on this list is JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card which that entitles you to multiple benefits such as:
- Joining and Renewal Fee for the card is Rs. 1,000 plus applicable GST
- Avail up to 3,000 Bonus InterMiles, i.e.,1,500 on first swipe of the card within 90 days of card set up and 1,500 on total retail spends of Rs. 50,000 & above, within first 90 days.
- Discount voucher worth Rs. 500 on booking return flights on www.intermiles.com as welcome gift.
- 1,500 InterMiles on the first swipe of the card within 90 days of card renewal date
- On renewal, get a discount voucher of Rs. 250 on booking return flights on www.intermiles.com.
- Earn 4 InterMiles on spending every Rs. 150 on retail expenses
- Earn 8 InterMiles on spending every Rs. 150 on each flight ticket booking done through www.intermiles.com.
- Get 5% discount on booking economy tickets of Etihad Airways on http://flights.intermiles.com.
- Earn 2.5X InterMiles for booking Etihad Airways tickets on http://flights.intermiles.com
- Under MasterCard Lounge Program or VISA Lounge Program, avail 2 complimentary lounge visits each quarter when you travel.
- Enjoy lowest revolving credit on your card at an interest rate of 1.99% per month
- Convenience fee waiver of 1%
- Interest-free period of 50 days from the date of card purchase
- Avail up to 3 Add-on cards for your immediate family members above 18 years old
7. HDFC Superia Credit Card
This premium Airport Lounge Credit Card is known to offer multiple benefits across a wide array of verticals including shopping, dining, and travel amongst others.
Some of the exciting benefits that this card offers include:
- Get first year’s membership waived off by spending Rs. 15,000 within the initial 90 days
- Spend Rs. 75,000 in a year and renew your membership for free
- Enjoy 50 days of interest-free credit
- Get 1000 reward points as welcome benefit and 1000 reward points as renewal benefit
- Reward points can be converted into miles/vouchers of domestic airlines, such as Air India, etc. You can save up to Rs. 8,000 a year.
- Reward points can be redeemed for miles with above 20 international airlines via frequent flyer programme of KrisFlyer, and Singapore Airline.
- Earn 50% more reward points on spending at premium restaurants
- Earn 3 reward points on spending every Rs. 150 and exchange them for miles (@0.7 miles for each point) or gifts from reward catalogue. Reward points are valid only for 2 years.
- Get complimentary Priority Pass Membership for free lounge access
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions (on minimum transaction of Rs. 400). Maximum cashback is limited to Rs. 500 per statement cycle.
8. Axis Bank Titanium Smart Traveller Credit Card
Ideal for frequent domestic as well as international travellers, Axis Bank Titanium Smart Traveller Credit Card comes with some attractive features, like:
- The card comes at an extremely modest Joining Fee of Rs. 250. Even this may be waived if you spend Rs. 2,500 or more, within the first 45 days of the card setup on or after 07 February 2011 and NIL for cards setup before 07 February 2011.
- The Renewal Fee (2nd year onward) for the card is Rs. 100 from second year on wards. This can be waived on spending Rs. 50,000 in the preceding year for cards setup on or after 07 February 2011 and NIL for cards setup before 07 February 2011.
- 1% waiver on fuel surcharge at all petrol stations across India (minimum transaction Rs. 400 and maximum Rs. 4,000).
- 15% discount on dining at partner restaurants in India
- Facility to convert transactions of Rs. 2,500 or more into EMIs
- Complimentary access to Airport Lounges in domestic as well as international terminals
- Earn 8 EDGE REWARD Points on spending every Rs. 200 abroad
- Earn 4 EDGE REWARD Points on spending every Rs. 200 on hotels, airlines, holiday packages, bus and train bookings in India.
- Earn 2 EDGE REWARD Points on every Rs. 200 spent on domestic transactions.
9. Yatra SBI Credit Card
This co-branded Airport Lounge Credit Card from SBI offers numerous benefits to frequent travelers such as:
- The card is offered at an affordable Annual Fee and Renewal Fee of Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes.
- Get vouchers of Yatra.com worth Rs. 8,250 as welcome gift gift redeemable for domestic/international travel, hotel bookings, and domestic/international holidays
- Annual fee is waived if total annual spends is Rs. 1,00,000 or above for last year
- Get Rs. 1,000 off on booking domestic flights (for minimum transaction of Rs. 5,000) and Rs. 4,000 off on booking international flights (for minimum transaction of Rs. 40,000).
- Get 20% off on booking domestic hotels (for minimum transaction of Rs. 3,000). Maximum discount limit is Rs. 2,000.
- Earn 6 reward points on spending every Rs. 100 on grocery, departmental stores, dining, movies, entertainment, and international spends.
- Earn 1 reward point on spending every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories
- 1 Reward point = Rs. 0.25
- The minimum redemption threshold is 1,000 Reward Points
- Get complimentary Air Accident Cover worth Rs. 50 Lakhs on ticket booked via Yatra.com.
- 2 Complementary lounge access per quarter
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India (maximum waiver is limited to Rs. 100 monthly).
- Facility to convert transactions of Rs. 2,500 or more into EMIs
10. AXIS Bank Miles & More World Credit Card
This Card from Axis Bank offers numerous benefits to frequent travellers, such as:
- The card comes at Annual Fee and Renewal Fee of Rs. 3,500 plus applicable GST.
- You can earn never expiring miles on being the cardholder for atleast 3 months and making minimum 1 miles related purchase each month.
- Accumulated reward miles can be redeemed against flights and upgrades, hotels, shopping, car rentals, or charity.
- With Priority Pass Membership, get 2 complimentary lounge visits each year
- Under MasterCard lounge access programme, get 4 complimentary lounge visits per quarter.
- Get 24X7 dedicated concierge desk
- Get minimum 15% discount on dining at partner restaurants
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions of between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000 on all Indian petrol pumps.
- Facility to convert transactions of Rs. 2,500 or more into EMIs
We are sure that you must have thoroughly enjoyed reading about the astounding benefits of the top Airport Lounge Credit Cards in India. If you wish, you can also check out Citi Premier Miles Credit Card and the likes to enjoy complimentary Lounge access at numerous airports across the nation and the globe.
So, what are you waiting for? Pick the card that best suits your travel needs, and before you know it you will be revelling in the luxuries you always dreamt of!
✅ What is the best card for lounge access in India in 2020?
Airport lounge access is much sought by regular travellers. These lounges offer an interlude from the crowd and airport noise. The lounges offer premium facilities, such as comfortable seating, charging ports for your gadgets, complimentary snacks, and so on.
Some of the best credit cards which offer lounge access in India are HDFC Regalia First Credit Card, InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, SBI ELITE Credit Card, American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card, Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card, and much more.
✅ Which credit cards give you access to airport lounges?
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card, InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, SBI ELITE Credit Card,
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card, Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card, Jet Privilege HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card, HDFC Superia Credit Card, Axis Bank Titanium Smart Traveller Credit Card,
Yatra SBI Credit Card, AXIS Bank Miles & More World Credit Card are the best credit cards that offer you access to airport lounges.
✅ How long can you stay in airport lounge?
You can stay for a maximum 3 hours in the airport lounge. Some of the extended lounges do have 4 to 5 hours of access. You can check the access time for the lounge that appears at the time of your booking.
✅ Does Visa Signature have lounge access?
Yes, Visa Signature has lounge access as it provides 2 complimentary accesses per quarter, like a Mastercard, in both domestic and international terminals.
✅ Does Visa Platinum have lounge access?
Yes, Visa Platinum have lounge access where you can enjoy a couple of attractive lifestyle privileges and experiences that range from golf to shopping to dining and much more. Moreover, you can access 25 lounges globally through Visa Platinum.
✅ Is food free at airport lounges?
Free food is available at most of the domestic airport lounges in India. You can avail this facility through the prescribed credit/debit cards.
✅ Which Indian cards allow access to international airports lounge access?
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card, InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, HDFC Superia Credit Card, SBI ELITE Credit Card, American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card, Jet Privilege HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card, Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card, and Axis Bank Titanium Smart Traveller Credit Card are the best Indian cards that permit access to international airports lounge.
✅ How do I get free airport lounge access?
You cannot access the airport lounge for free. You need to avail the best credit card which offers you lounge access to both domestic and international airports.
To apply online for Best Credit Cards in India, Secured Loans and Unsecured Loans, visit www.mymoneymantra.com, the leading online lending marketplace that offers financial products from 100+ Banks and NBFCs. We have served 4 million+ happy customers since 1989.