If you have run up your HDFC credit card bill for the month and are concerned about the settlement of all your payments at once, there is good news for you.
You can convert your HDFC credit card bill into Equated Monthly Instalments (EMI) online.
This facility of HDFC credit card EMI conversion is offered by the bank on the majority of its credit cards, through the SmartEMI platform.
What is SmartEMI service and how to avail it?
The SmartEMI facility is an exclusive service which lets you convert your HDFC Bank credit card bills into EMIs. However, you need to be eligible for the conversion.
You can convert most of your credit card payments into EMI schemes. Although, purchasing gold or any jewellery with the card is not entitled to EMI conversion.
Additionally, transactions exceeding 60 days or more, cannot be taken into consideration. You must also be aware that your credit limit gets blocked when you opt for the HDFC SmartEMI service.
The HDFC EMI conversion option is available for a wide range of products, including:
Benefits of the HDFC Credit Card EMI
- Ability to pay at your own convenience by converting your HDFC credit card bills into simple EMIs.
- The HDFC credit card smart EMI facility comes with nominal interest rates.
- Simplified documentation and processing.
- Tenure options available under this scheme are 3, 6, 12, and 24 months.
Fees & Charges
- HDFC credit card EMI conversion interest rate for 1 year’s EMI (after purchase): 18% p.a.
- EMI HDFC smart EMI interest rate for 1 year (merchant): 15% p.a.
- Processing fee: 1%, subject to a minimum of Rs. 150
- Pre-closure charges: 3%
How to convert HDFC credit card bills into EMIs?
It is crucial to check the eligibility of your HDFC credit card before you apply for the HDFC smart EMI scheme.
You can check eligibility criteria using HDFC NetBanking or Phone Banking by following the steps given below:
- Log in to your HDFC Bank NetBanking account.
- Then click the ‘Cards’ tab.
- Under the ‘Credit Card’ section, select the ‘Transact’ and then the ‘SmartEMI’ option.
- An unbilled transactions page will open. Here, choose your specific credit card.
- Select ‘Debit’ as your transaction type.
- Select ‘View’.
- Now, an inventory of your Credit Card transactions eligible for SmartEMI will be visible, with the 'click' option, to know your eligibility.
- Choose the 'click' option to convert a particular transaction into EMI.
- A detailed summary of the transactions including the card number, maximum spending limit, loan amount, rate of interest and tenure will appear.
- Select the suitable repayment tenure.
- The interest rate will be determined based on your eligibility. You can view this interest rate once you click on your desired tenure.
- Confirm the terms & conditions by selecting ‘Submit’.
- A final overview of loan details will be displayed.
- On confirming the transaction finally, an acknowledgement message and reference loan number will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS.
- Your loan is approved and you have successfully converted the HDFC Bank credit card bill into EMI online.
With HDFC Bank NetBanking service, you can opt for SmartEMI on your unbilled amount. For converting your billed amount into EMIs, you can follow the PhoneBanking process mentioned in the steps given below:
- Look up and call the HDFC customer care number unique to your city.
- Inform the customer care executive about the interest rate, available loan amount, and repayment tenure.
- After confirmation, the loan is instantly approved without documents.
With this facility, you can easily convert HDFC Bank Credit Card bill to EMI.
Now that you are aware of the ways of converting Credit Card bill to EMI with HDFC, you can enjoy your shopping splurges without any hassle of paying hefty bills.